Chuck Wagon Buffet - what will there be?

Started by Mushu_Stitch, February 04, 2016, 06:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mushu_Stitch

Hi all,

Me and my other half are going to DLP in May and staying in the Cheyenne hotel. We want to go to the Chuck Wagon at some point as its the restaurant at the hotel but I want a better idea of what to expect from the buffet.

The only information I have found shows the price of the buffet and classes it as Tex-Mex. As far as I'm concerned Tex-Mex would be stuff like chicken wings, ribs, chilli con carne, fajitas, spicy rice, etc. Am I right in thinking this is the sort of thing that will be available? Can anyone confirm what they specifically serve?

Any input would be appreciated so thanks in advance   ;D

lovindisney87

We went in here on our trip last week, so from memory, you had jacket potato's, new potatos, chips, bbq ribs, chicken legs, ratatouille, corn on the cob, salady bits, coleslaw, lasagne, rice, pasta, bolognaise sauce and other sauces, chicken nuggets, fish fingers,pizza, mash potato, green beans,cauliflower and broccoli a meat platter although I am unsure what it actually was. A massive side of puddings, chocolate mousse, fruit salad, all sorts of cake, jelly, ice creams, sugared doughnuts, fruit like apples, grapes, pears. There was a lot of choice and I probably missed some of it. I asked if I could see what they had first so I knew if kids would eat or not so they let me go through and have a look. It was all very nice and I am not a big fan of bbq stuff but the chicken legs I had weren't massively bbq flavoured but they had bbq sauce there to put extra on. It was well worth the money and comes with one soft drink, I had a can of coke but you can get beers for an extra bit of money, and you get a band so you can go back up for more.  :D
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

Mushu_Stitch

QuoteWe went in here on our trip last week, so from memory, you had jacket potato's, new potatos, chips, bbq ribs, chicken legs, ratatouille, corn on the cob, salady bits, coleslaw, lasagne, rice, pasta, bolognaise sauce and other sauces, chicken nuggets, fish fingers,pizza, mash potato, green beans,cauliflower and broccoli a meat platter although I am unsure what it actually was. A massive side of puddings, chocolate mousse, fruit salad, all sorts of cake, jelly, ice creams, sugared doughnuts, fruit like apples, grapes, pears. There was a lot of choice and I probably missed some of it. I asked if I could see what they had first so I knew if kids would eat or not so they let me go through and have a look. It was all very nice and I am not a big fan of bbq stuff but the chicken legs I had weren't massively bbq flavoured but they had bbq sauce there to put extra on. It was well worth the money and comes with one soft drink, I had a can of coke but you can get beers for an extra bit of money, and you get a band so you can go back up for more.  :D

Thanks for the response  :)

Sounds like a lot of good food there and definitely a really good selection to choose from. Can't wait to go now, thanks again!

lovindisney87

[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

Zee79

We eat here every trip along with eating at La Cantina in the Santa Fe which is tex mex. So these two are definitely where we will be eating in July. Just deciding on the other options, got it down to Agrabah, Billy Bobs and Plaza Gardens.