Euro Tunnel & Driving.

Started by Leopold, January 10, 2016, 08:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leopold

Any one know or have experience in the 3hr ish long drive from Coquells (Calais) to DLP along the A26 and A1?
Any hints and tips useful like how many sevice stations there are to use the WC and pick up supplies. To which place is best to buy cheap booze for the return journey.

Many thanks.

boverington

We have done the drive several times. There are many places to stop all the way along the route. Some are just toilet blocks others are full service stations like we have here in the UK.

It's not the most exciting of drives but it is pretty easy. Just don't forget to allow for the €22 in tolls each way!

Leopold

Quote from: boverington on January 10, 2016, 09:35:24 PM
We have done the drive several times. There are many places to stop all the way along the route. Some are just toilet blocks others are full service stations like we have here in the UK.

It's not the most exciting of drives but it is pretty easy. Just don't forget to allow for the €22 in tolls each way!

Did not know about the tolls thanks for that! ☺

cjebs

very easy drive and the places to stop are far better than a uk motorway, with a toilet and picnic bench area being the most basic every few miles, interspersed with more factility stops with shops cafes etc, some I believe even have showers?

I do recommend doing the drive early hours as French roads can get very clogged up during their holiday periods if you are travelling during one.

the euro tunnel is 24 hr so I normally depart Folkestone around 5am which puts u in Calais around 6.30-7 CET then the 3 hrs gets you to the park at around 10-11 depending on stops giving you more time in the park as u have paidfor an entrance ticket for that day anyway, if u stay on site you can bag drop and return later to check in if the room isn't vacant yet.

vice versa you can leave on the last day as late as you like again a late shuttle out of Calais prices drop after around 10pm,

if you turn up much earlier than your scheduled depature you can normally be allocated a space on an earlier train anyway.

Disneyholics

yeah i have driven loads of times , lovely roads over there, no cars and wider roads. lots of places to stop for food tolilet.its simply until you reach nearer paris, but theirs Mickey signs to guide you, You'll be fine. im terrible and still find my way their, in fact last year i did get lost and asked a french guy the way towards disney and he literally got in his car and i followed him all the way there! :P

Leopold

Thanks for all your advice. Much appreciated.