Security

Started by Angel425, January 11, 2016, 11:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel425

Can anyone update me on the current security measures following the Paris Attack.

DLPWonders (Banned)

You have nothing to worry about.
Security has always been very tight at DLP, even if you can't see it.
And security is even tighter now. It's one of the safest places to be.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

littlebitofpixiedust

I agree with DLRPwonders I went exactly four weeks after Paris attacks a little apprehensive security was defiantly hightend (checking in our coats) when going through baggage entering the parks from hotel/train station.

From my past experience even if you cannot see believe me it's there. My sons bag fell of his buggy years ago whilst on a ride I come of to find sniffer dogs and security surrounding it and the same happend when someone left what looks like a camera bag on a bench. Eyes everywhere I am sure! Do not worry  :)

seraphelle

I was there during the Paris attacks, and I felt perfectly safe once the parks re-opened. There really are eyes everywhere even if you do not realise it. Plus the entrance to the village has been beefed up in terms of scanning bags and checking guests.
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Christiaanrem

i also heard that some people near the French - Belgium border were refused entry into France without any solid reason apart from: We suspect it is not safe to allow you into the country.

i would be SO bothered if this would happen when my girlfriend, daughter and i when we want to enter france from Holland > Belgium > France :O

twentythingamabobs

Please do not worry, they have beefed up the security at the gates. They are even making people open their coats when going through so people are getting thoroughly checked, every bag was getting scanned when we were there so they aren't even doing manual checks ever more which i think is great.

nathalie

Quote from: Christiaanrem on January 11, 2016, 01:57:55 PM
i also heard that some people near the French - Belgium border were refused entry into France without any solid reason apart from: We suspect it is not safe to allow you into the country.

i would be SO bothered if this would happen when my girlfriend, daughter and i when we want to enter france from Holland > Belgium > France :O

That sounds very unreliable, who told you it was happening like that?

I suspect they would probably make more people turn around with not valid ID's or something like that.

Christiaanrem

Quote from: nathalie on January 12, 2016, 01:10:01 PM

That sounds very unreliable, who told you it was happening like that?

I suspect they would probably make more people turn around with not valid ID's or something like that.

Was stated on local news shows in holland some weeks ago that there have been numerous entry declines by border security after the paris attacks last year.

*Edit*

My uncle and cousin went to paris some 2 weeks ago and noticed there are ALOT of militairy and policemen standing on bridges overlooking the freeway from belgium into france and alot of checks at or shortly after the belgium/french border.

Disneylove

Considering all the security measures that are in place at Disneyland at the moment, you're probably a lot safer there than you would be walking down your own street.

nathalie

Well, I'm from Belgium, I try to watch the news every evening, I must have missed the one where they said the same thing as in the news in The Netherlands.

DLPZest

I'm Belgian, I went to DLP 2 weeks after the attacks. Took the TGV in Brussels when security had been raised to the max there, lots of public transportation not operating, and had no problems (apart from almost missing the connection and having to run through the station, while trying not to look suspicious to all the heavily armed soldiers  8)).

I remember hearing about people not being allowed to enter France by car right after the attacks. Don't think you have much to worry about anymore, though, a week later that wasn't even mentioned anymore on the news here.

Pretty sure they won't stop cars that aren't suspicious. And if you would happen to be stopped at the border, as long as you have identification and your DLP booking information, all you'll lose is some time.

nathalie

You went when Brussels was on lock-down?
I went the first day the park opened again.  Security at Brussel-Zuid was laughable ...

grovesie

Not sure if anybody else has seen this:

Sky news has reported that a male carrying 2 handguns has been arrested at the bag x-ray machines trying to enter DLP

grovesie

From Sky News web site

A man has been arrested with two handguns at the Disneyland Paris amusement park complex, police have said.

According to France Inter radio, the 28-year-old man was carrying the firearms in a suitcase and was stopped by Disney security staff after the bag passed through an X-ray machine.

The man did not resist and police were swiftly called to arrest him at around noon local time, France Inter said.

Le Parisien reports the man was stopped at the New York Hotel and was with a woman who fled the scene.

A Disneyland Paris spokeswoman said she had no immediate information on the arrest.

France remains in a state of emergency in the aftermath of the Paris terror attacks in November that left 130 people dead.

jamieclayton9

Quote from: grovesie on January 28, 2016, 05:38:03 PM
From Sky News web site

A man has been arrested with two handguns at the Disneyland Paris amusement park complex, police have said.

According to France Inter radio, the 28-year-old man was carrying the firearms in a suitcase and was stopped by Disney security staff after the bag passed through an X-ray machine.

The man did not resist and police were swiftly called to arrest him at around noon local time, France Inter said.

Le Parisien reports the man was stopped at the New York Hotel and was with a woman who fled the scene.

A Disneyland Paris spokeswoman said she had no immediate information on the arrest.

France remains in a state of emergency in the aftermath of the Paris terror attacks in November that left 130 people dead.

I just had this story pop up on my time line on Facebook. Well done to the fast acting security staff. Hopefully there is an explanation to all of it.