Planned engagement at DLP

Started by garthwenman, January 08, 2016, 10:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garthwenman

Hello everyone!

I am need of some help. I'm going to propose to my partner of 6 years at Disneyland Paris in March. It was meant to be a surprise, but through a mishap she aware it will happen during our 5 day trip... but I don't want the surprise to go away so I want to treat her to something Romantic everyday for the five days to keep her guessing when I will propose to her. However, I have come to a slight halt. So far my plan is:
Monday - Balloon ride in the evening, around 7:00. (We arrive in DLP Resort around 2:00... no time for anything else this day, really)
Tuesday - stuck - not sure what to plan this day!
Wednesday - At 9:30 we are having breakfast in Cafe Mickey, but this was planned by us both. Again, another 'stuck day'.
Thursday - (Day of proposal, more than likely) Planning a meal Auberge de Cendrillon, have emailed ahead to ask if there is anything special I can do to propose. If not, I am planning to propose in one of four places - Lake Disney, Fantasia Garden, by the stained glass windows in the castle or by the wishing well in Fantasyland. I'm fairly confident with my planning with this day; leaving so many options for proposal locations depending on the response to my email and what 'feels' right'.
Friday - Leaving, about 5:00. Nothing special planned yet.

My partner has spoken of a disinterest in Buffalo Bill's before, so booking this is out of the question. I'm just struggling to find special things for us to do without just booking meals every night. Any help would be appreciated. I've emailed Disney Special Activities and information of in-park special excursions seems scarce online.

Thank you for reading!

DisneyGagaChick

Hi!

Awww, how cute are you?!?1  :-[ :-*

I would suggest either proposing to your partner in front of the castle during the fireworks (if that is still occurring in March), standing outside the castle pretending to take pictures, or maybe during a meet and greet?

Disneylove

I think you should get a cast member to take your photograph together, and while they're taking the picture do it then. That means your proposal will be captured on picture so you can capture her reaction and remember it forever :) Whatever your plans are, good luck :)

ChipandDale99

Hey
This sounds amazing. You should call up guest services before you go and tell them about the proposal. They might allow you to close off a certain area or mickey/Minnie might come and watch.
Please let us know how it all goes

rebecca20

When are you there in March?! I'm there 14-18th so I might see it!

Does she have a favourite character? That could be another potential idea for the proposal.

Other ideas: the tour (it was really good and if you do plan to propose I'm sure the CM would take pictures!), ask if you are able to propose before / after one of the big shows but this depends on how nervous you are. I know California Grill definitely can do proposal deserts (seen one on youtube) so you could go there when it's Disney Dreams time and propose.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

disneymagic006

How exciting! There are so many lovely places for a proposal at Disneyland Paris. I second the advice about asking the resort what they could offer. You know your partner best so that would help determine the kind of proposal that would suit you best.

Liking a lot of the ideas so far.

Had a chat with my husband about this and asked if he was to propose at Disney where would he choose and why... he said in the castle courtyard next to sword in the stone as this would be near the castle which I love, there's the lovely music from the carousel and it would be easy to get down on one knee with me stood on the rock. I have to say I was impressed with this.

My thinking was also near the castle (it's just so romantic) but I was thinking of out front when they do the little show with the music and water fountains as I find that so cool.

As for romantic things to do to fill the days and keep her guessing, I think taking a stroll in the evening always looks amazing. The neon lights of discoveryland, the buzz and twinkle of adventureland at night. Mad Hatters Teacups with all the lanterns lit, the carousel....I could go on.

I also think there's romance in the everyday. Taking on some of the high thrill rides together, on the riverboats, cuddling watching the shows and parade.

Please let us know how you get on!
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

sarahh83

I got engaged at DLP on Christmas day just gone. I was on the flying carpet ride with my best friend, her boyfriend and my little boy were in the seats in front. My boyfriend didn't come on the ride said he'd take photos .... we went past him and waved a couple of times, then next time we went past he was stood there with an engagement ring box!! 4 more times the ride went round before I could get off and he asked me
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: sarahh83 on January 15, 2016, 11:01:04 PM
I got engaged at DLP on Christmas day just gone. I was on the flying carpet ride with my best friend, her boyfriend and my little boy were in the seats in front. My boyfriend didn't come on the ride said he'd take photos .... we went past him and waved a couple of times, then next time we went past he was stood there with an engagement ring box!! 4 more times the ride went round before I could get off and he asked me

Oh my gosh.. that is too cute!

Wedmad

I proposed at the park, i did it infront of the castle during candleabration, the evening show that lit the candles on the castle during the 15th celebrations. Unlike now during dream you used to be able to get right down infront of the castle. i had a glass slipper with the ring in and proposed, other guests round us saw what was happening and wished us well and clapped, one couple took photos for us, very special. The funniest part was my other half was afraid she was going to break the glass slipper, I had to tell she would not break it as it had been on space mountain, and big thunder during the day in my coat pocket!

Blue lagoon is a nice romantic meal location

Paul

rebecca20

Just a thought but if you're there for EMH you could have a castle proposal without anyone else on your photos. Or just do a photoshoot after the event there! I also find if you go to the left of the castle (where the dragon is) theres space to propose and with careful photography get the whole castle in the background without loads of people in the frame :)
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

seraphelle

OMG this is so exciting, we had better see photos of this when you get back!  ;D ;D ;D

Personally, I would LOVE for it to happen during Dreams.
"The second star to the right, shines in the night for you..." bloke down on one knee.....me in floods of tears.

Or whilst I was with Minnie. Imagine the hugs!

Or go to California Grill for a quiet romantic meal and ask them to put it in their fancy dessert, or have it appear on a cocktail stick / umbrella in a glowtini in Café Fantasia after a wonderful day.

Or just go to Ludwigs for happy hour and get tipsy and ask her in front of a bar full and enjoy the cheering and free drinks afterwards  ;D

Can I just say though, it doesn't matter where you do it. She will love it. It will become a thing of legend. She loves you. This is lovely. Mr Seraphelle was going to propose to me over a romantic meal, and was about to ask me, when someone that picked on my little sister walked into the restaurant and totally killed our vibe as I was fuming and wanted to either go and confront her or leave. So he asked me in the car park on our way home  ;D ;D ;D We've been together 13 years and this year is our 10th wedding anniversary.

Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019