Studio Magic Hours???

Started by ChipandDale99, February 14, 2016, 11:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChipandDale99

I have seen a few things now that talk about extra magic hours in the studio park. I have never been in the studios before opening at 10:00. Can anyone tell me what is included in these magic hours? Are there any rides or just characters? Thanks.

NCC1701Q

Hi ChipandDale99,

there are rarely EMH in the Studios - the only I can remember are during the peak of the Christmas-season or when seasons are being changed (so they keep the Disneyland Park closed till 10:00 am to get more work done).
During EMH there are both characters around as well as some of the attractions opened (Crush's Coaster, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith and the attractions within Toy Story Playland).

ChipandDale99

Thank you for your reply. I wondered why I had never heard them. But as I always go in February it makes sense now.

billy

unfortunately there are no magic hours in the studios but when i was there this week they opened the park gates at 930 and some of the rides were already open. at 10.05 there was already a 90 minute queue for ratatouille!

stifle

They normally start letting people in around 09:30 and they can get in the queue but the rides don't start to operate until 10:00.

Slimy yet satisfying

We were at DP first week of January and EMH was in the Studios all week. There were lots of characters about, when there was torrential rain one day the meet and greets were inside with characters beside the brown derby, the car and various themed photo stops within the main concourse. We got some unusual photos which was a treat!
Most of Toy Storyland was open except Slinky which was a planned refurb, Crush, TOT, Cars rally and Parachute drop were all open too. I'm not sure if RNR and Armageddon were open early as by the time we made it round there the park had officially opened.
It was busier than I expected for the meets but quieter for rides.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.