Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emmy

Hi all! Been stalking this thread for quite a long time now but thought i'd join in on the posting :) Plan to audition next year (got quite a lot going on at the mo!), more i read this thread the more i want to do it! Also, must say, love all the positivity on this thread, v infectious!

Oh! itslewis, was looking at your facebook from a link you gave a long time ago, we have a mutual friend, how random!

fateiskind

Hello all!

I auditioned last week in London and was put on a waiting list for Character Performers, Parade Performers and also Show Performers too I think? What do you think the chances are of me receiving that important phone call?

So pleased to have finally found a forum where I can chat about this, I've been going out of my head with questions haha!

Lauren x

meg55

Hiya,

I would love to audition but I'm really scared I won't be good enough! I'm not really sure of what happens on an audition so if anyone has any information on the the types of things you do, that would be great  :)

DisneyBud

The next set of UK auditions have already been posted. 6/7 January 2011 at Pineapple. Get preparing guys!!

emmy

Quote from: "fateiskind"Hello all!

I auditioned last week in London and was put on a waiting list for Character Performers, Parade Performers and also Show Performers too I think? What do you think the chances are of me receiving that important phone call?

So pleased to have finally found a forum where I can chat about this, I've been going out of my head with questions haha!

Lauren x

Oh wow, well done!!! There have been a few people on this thread who have received 'the call' after being put on the waiting list so there is hope :) Did you have fun?

Quote from: "meg55"Hiya,

I would love to audition but I'm really scared I won't be good enough! I'm not really sure of what happens on an audition so if anyone has any information on the the types of things you do, that would be great  :)

I'm the same  :oops:, but set myself a goal to do it next year otherwise i'll just keep on regretting!

SophieD

Well done Lauren!! How was the audition process??

I'm the same @Emmy I worry if I won't be good enough! I'm thinking of auditioning too next year in the summer! I think its one of those things that, like you say, you will regret if you don't do it.  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

fateiskind

Quote from: "emmy"Oh wow, well done!!! There have been a few people on this thread who have received 'the call' after being put on the waiting list so there is hope :) Did you have fun?
Quote from: "SophieD"Well done Lauren!! How was the audition process??

I really loved the audition process, found it a lot of fun! It was all a little bit crowded at first but everyone got a very fair shot. I haven't danced in a while, thought I might have lost my touch but by the time I got to the actual dance audition, I got back into it pretty easily, the routine was so cheesy... just my kinda thing :D

SophieD

Quote from: "fateiskind"I really loved the audition process, found it a lot of fun! It was all a little bit crowded at first but everyone got a very fair shot. I haven't danced in a while, thought I might have lost my touch but by the time I got to the actual dance audition, I got back into it pretty easily, the routine was so cheesy... just my kinda thing :D

Was it an easy dance? or was it difficult?? Could beginners do it??  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Alfie

Quote from: "SophieD"
Quote from: "fateiskind"I really loved the audition process, found it a lot of fun! It was all a little bit crowded at first but everyone got a very fair shot. I haven't danced in a while, thought I might have lost my touch but by the time I got to the actual dance audition, I got back into it pretty easily, the routine was so cheesy... just my kinda thing :D

It starts out quite simple and gradually gets more difficult. I guess the most difficult aspect is trying to see the choreographer with the amount of auditionees in the room. But just smile and cheese your way through it and that way even if you don't know the routine, you will still look Disney-esque I guess.

A friend of mine found out she is going to Tokyo Disney for a year this morning.

Chiyo

Quote from: "peterpan88"
Quote from: "fateiskind"A friend of mine found out she is going to Tokyo Disney for a year this morning.

How does this work? Has she been at a regular DLP audition?

Sorry for asking, but I'm curious and I actually don't really care about which Disney Park, so this could be a chance ;)

Alfie

She was at Disney Paris for about a year and a half a few years ago, but I'm not 100% sure how she got this.

Chiyo

Ah, okay, thank you.
That explains it. I know, they sometimes send their castmember to other parks ;) One of the many reasons why I want to work for Disney again :)

fateiskind

Quote from: "peterpan88"

It starts out quite simple and gradually gets more difficult. I guess the most difficult aspect is trying to see the choreographer with the amount of auditionees in the room. But just smile and cheese your way through it and that way even if you don't know the routine, you will still look Disney-esque I guess.

A friend of mine found out she is going to Tokyo Disney for a year this morning.

I'd definitely agree that seeing the choreographer is the hardest part! A lot of people don't really want to play fair and when asked to rotate, would just move back a few rows, before edging forward again haha. Whenever I had a turn at the front I would always go right to the back straight after... it worked to my advantage, I had plenty of space to practice what I'd just picked up!

The routine starts off easily, a non-dancer could definitely pick it up. But like peterpan88 said, as long as you show that you're 'Disney' I reckon you still hve a really good shot!

meg55

is the audition process hard? how many stages are there? im quite new to this but would love to have a go :)

Alfie

Quote from: "meg55"is the audition process hard? how many stages are there? im quite new to this but would love to have a go :)

The first part, not really the 'audition' but is when everybody in the room gets measured.

Then once everybody has been, Daniel, the casting director, gives a presentation on the basics of what the job entails, about the parks, the Disney housing and what not.

After that, it's the first actual round, the animation stage. Basically you have six counts of eight. The first is to be a cowboy, then a pirate, then a dwarf, then a villain, then a prince/princess, then run off the stage waving, smiling, being yourself. After this there's a cut.

Then it's the dance stage which starts out quite easy and progresses in difficulty, but they keep emphasizing that they are not just looking for dancers, as a dancer who doesn't smile isn't interesting whereas a non-dancer who smiles all the time is! Then after that they can either cut you, ask you to come back to try on wigs and make up, put you on the waiting list or invite you back later for a more in-depth chat.

On Tuesday there was roughly 200 people. It got cut to about 100 after the animation. About 50 people got cut from the dance round. Of the 50 left, about 35ish got put on the waiting list, about 12 got to try on wigs and make up (some got cut after trying them on) and then about 11 had the in-depth discussion saying they were heights/characters harder to find or with a greater turnover so there was more chance of them getting a call.

Hope this helps. In the previous 49 pages, there's LOADS of info about peoples past audition experiences/a video of the song you do the animation to/loads of posts from 'inside the magic' from itslewis and co.