Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blondie85

Its for a Youth Activities Counselor position! Id love to do characters on the cruises! but im thinking there will always be better performers than me that would get picked for things like that, or people with some CM experience? im a dancer rather than an actor and the acting bit worries me a little!! Having said that... how awesome would it be to go to Tokyo Disney to audition!!! :D
What do you want me to do, dress in drag and do the hula?

Even miracles take a little time. - The Fairy Godmother

Chiyo

That are amazing news from you all...

Laura is already in Paris, Lewis back from Paris, but will go back to Paris... damn I'm so jealous ^^"

But working out my plans too... first I will do, what they told me at my audition: Re-apply after Christmas...
Then, starting to learn a little bit french, so I could apply for a "regular" Job at Disneyland Paris (I've heard from different people, that you don't need speak french, or better say, fluently French. But I'm pretty sure, that a little bit would really better, so I can answer the most important question, the question for the restrooms (believe it or not, guests in Disneyland Paris asked ME that question during my HalloweenTrip :D)

And the other thing I plan to do is... the Cruise Line!

I've already thought about that during and after my stay at Disneyworld, but then I threw it away, cause I was worried about the circumstance that you don't have a day off for the length of your contract, and only after the end of your contract you're having vacation.
I'm still not sure, how I would handle this, but I'm thinking about to give it a try.
So I'm going to apply for the DCL probably in January - if I don't re-decide ^^"

And there is still the option Disneystore in UK,  beeing a co-worker from Nathalie :)
Man, Disney is such a big company, so many position you could do, isn't that amazing?

But before applying for DCL I need to know how to handle working without a day off.

Blondie85, how are you going to handle with that circumstance, in case they hire you at DCL?

Greetings form Germany
Chiyo ^^

DisneyBud

Good luck to everyone auditioning oday in London. Hope we see some people getting contracts!

Alfie

I'M GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!! I got offered a contract today at the audition.

Beaming from ear to ear. About 200 people there. I got measured and I'm now 5'8 apparently which isn't Pan height, but it's Sparrow height! First round, got through, dance round (different dance to last time) got pulled over by Daniel and smiled and he looked at my profile. Got asked to come back at 2 to try on wigs and make up. They didn't have Sparrows wig and facial hair, so they improvised with Belle's Prince's wig and a lot of make up. Then about 11 of us had the 'in-depth' chat with Daniel about Disney life, then he asked 3 of us to stay behind, and told us we'll be getting emails tomorrow to start on 14th January.

I didn't even change out of my tracksuit, was so excited just ran out with clearly visible Sparrow eyeliner on! haha!!

So excited!!

Chiyo

WOW PeterPan, that ist AMAZING!!!  :D/   :D/   :D/

Ok, I should say, Captain Jack Sparrow now, right?  =D>

Congratulations for gettin' the job and dream coming true!!  If you still there in spring, I'll come and visit you... I have to meet Cpt. Jack Sparrow again, cause I missed him on Halloween ;)

Wow... I wish you the best time of your life, it will be, cause it's Disney, and have a lot of fun!

Lovely Greetings from Germany ^^
Chiyo ^^

itslewis

Quote from: "peterpan88"I'M GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!! I got offered a contract today at the audition.

Beaming from ear to ear. About 200 people there. I got measured and I'm now 5'8 apparently which isn't Pan height, but it's Sparrow height! First round, got through, dance round (different dance to last time) got pulled over by Daniel and smiled and he looked at my profile. Got asked to come back at 2 to try on wigs and make up. They didn't have Sparrows wig and facial hair, so they improvised with Belle's Prince's wig and a lot of make up. Then about 11 of us had the 'in-depth' chat with Daniel about Disney life, then he asked 3 of us to stay behind, and told us we'll be getting emails tomorrow to start on 14th January.

I didn't even change out of my tracksuit, was so excited just ran out with clearly visible Sparrow eyeliner on! haha!!

So excited!!

YAY thats amazing WELL DONE! Jack Sprarrow is such an amazing character! You will love it there, hope everything goes well!  :D

littlelottie

Well done!! 'You're really lucky to get offered a contract on the day! I've been here just under a week and so far I'm having a really good time - it certainly doesn't feel like work!

I saw Jack Sparrow today backstage for the first time, it's confusing that it isn't Jonny Depp, but the costuming is so good and I bet he's a really fun character to play!

I have my fur character approval tomorrow morning - I'm playing Mr. Penguin, one of the little penguin waiters from Mary Poppins, then on Friday I find out whether or not I have a face character fitting :)

Unfortunately I leave on 6th Jan, Daniel mentioned contract extensions for some of us but I have booked to go travelling so I won't stay, which means I won't get to meet you. Good luck though!

xxx

itslewis

Quote from: "littlelottie"Well done!! 'You're really lucky to get offered a contract on the day! I've been here just under a week and so far I'm having a really good time - it certainly doesn't feel like work!

I saw Jack Sparrow today backstage for the first time, it's confusing that it isn't Jonny Depp, but the costuming is so good and I bet he's a really fun character to play!

I have my fur character approval tomorrow morning - I'm playing Mr. Penguin, one of the little penguin waiters from Mary Poppins, then on Friday I find out whether or not I have a face character fitting :)

Unfortunately I leave on 6th Jan, Daniel mentioned contract extensions for some of us but I have booked to go travelling so I won't stay, which means I won't get to meet you. Good luck though!

xxx

Arghh Lottie, good luck. I know who your ACC's are for your approval haha cause it's their ACC approval tomorrow.

SophieD

Hello everyone!!
I feel like I haven't been online in a long time!!
I would loooveeeee to work for Disneyland Paris in the parades/characters/face characters!!
I've got a quick question to ask!!
If your a face character (one of the princesses) do you have to be in the parade as a dancer for other floats (Can-can, cards, Ursula minions) As I'm a rubbish dancer and this is really putting me of auditoning!! I really hope you don't have to!!
Thanks to anyone who responds!!
Sophie
xx
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

itslewis

Alfie

Quote from: "itslewis"
Quote from: "SophieD"Hello everyone!!
I feel like I haven't been online in a long time!!
I would loooveeeee to work for Disneyland Paris in the parades/characters/face characters!!
I've got a quick question to ask!!
If your a face character (one of the princesses) do you have to be in the parade as a dancer for other floats (Can-can, cards, Ursula minions) As I'm a rubbish dancer and this is really putting me of auditoning!! I really hope you don't have to!!
Thanks to anyone who responds!!
Sophie
xx

When you go to the audition, after the first round of animation.. if they see you as a face character you miss the dance audition and they put you into the wigs and what not.. so if they see you as a face character you dont need to do the dance in the audition. However, when you get there you will get rehearsals for dance roles for the parades but it's easy and you don't have to pass first time you learn it.

On Tuesday, everybody did the dancing and then they sent them to wigs and make up. They changed the groups up, so it wasn't in number order, but the people they'd initially chosen after being measured went in the first two groups, then back into the number order.

SophieD

Thanks itslewis and peterpan88 for responding! As I say I would love to audition but I'm a complete catastrophe when it comes to dancing!! Is the dance in the audition hard?? Is it technical??

And congratulations Peterpan88 for your Disney contract!! Thats amazing!! When do you start?? x
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Alfie

Quote from: "SophieD"Thanks itslewis and peterpan88 for responding! As I say I would love to audition but I'm a complete catastrophe when it comes to dancing!! Is the dance in the audition hard?? Is it technical??

And congratulations Peterpan88 for your Disney contract!! Thats amazing!! When do you start?? x

Thank you! I go out there on Jan 14th and start training on Jan 17th.

The dancing starts out quite basic and progresses. They keep emphasizing that they're not just after dancers and to smile no matter what, but at this audition everybody seemed pretty good whereas in September, the majority of people seemed like they weren't dancers. There was 8 other people who was in the in-depth chat with Daniel about him trying to find them contracts as they're hard to find heights and one of them was for just a costumed character, not a face character.

_Natalie_x

I dislike you alfie it sounds amazingggg damn you. ¬¬  :P  bet uu just cant wait for christmas and new years to be over... you'll be a such a scrooge just wanting it to end !! :p Haha!!
Im kinda excited to get back from travelling so I can audition again :) get back into the disney swing.
Still at the disney store.. loving it :D:D hoping i can go to Bluebell wood hospice next week to deliver some soft toys to the children through a charity programme we've been running :)  
hope everyone out there in Paris is loving every minute (im sure you are) and keep us updated!
ps. everyone add me on fb :D (even tho it depresses me having so many friend with characters as their dps) !!! :P lol xxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

SophieD

I'm the same!! I can't wait for the summer to start so that Uni is finished and I auditioning for things!! Its so frustrating lol!!
Its good Disney aren't just looking for dancers but I'm wary that they those (like me) who aren't confident dancers will be kept as costumed characters.. which isn't a bad thing at all I just want to be a Princess or Wendy lol!!  ;)  :lol:  :P  :P
Everyone add me on FB too (if you want) and I have twitter too!! x
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!