Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfie

I'm 5'7, so according to the website, I'm maximum height for Peter Pan and my dancing isn't too shabby although in audition situations, I usually crumble so fingers crossed I good it together. If I hear Just Like We Dreamed it as I'm being cut, I'll be heartbroken.

How much of a regular occurrence is it for them to take someone just as a character and not as a parade performer? And the dance from the Leeds audition on Sunday, was it like maniac dancey?

Mason Cooper

Well if your dancing is good enough they put you down as a Character & Parade performer, if you're dancing isn't so good or it's just not that good on the day they take you on as A character only performer! Both me and laura (who is on this forum) both auditioned in July and we are on the waiting list for Character only Performers.

Mason :D
I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

Alfie

Why do they audition more people if they've got so many on the waiting list? Hmmm, silly Disney. Well fingers crossed whatever I do works...

DisneyBud

Good luck Peterpan, hope it goes really well. Mason, have you had any reply about anything recently? Is it time to send them another reminder e-mail?

Mason Cooper

Yes good luck to you Peterpan88!!! And have fun! :D

I last emailed Daniel on the 23rd of August regarding a change in my contact details (asking for them to remove my home number from my application and contact me via my mobile!) the thing is I don't wanna see to desperate and considering I've already sent 2 emails I'm gonna wait for a bit. I might wait until the 21st September because that will mark the 2 month anniversary of being on the waiting list lol

I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

_Natalie_x

Haha ! Mason if you are unlucky enough not to get a contract then maybe we'll end up at the same audition some day ! ;) loll :D but hey i hope for your sake that doesnt happen :)
Peterpan88.. hope you enjoy it.. just remember its so laid back and all about having fun and just showing them HOW DISNEY you are !!  Am sure you can do it !!  
And if you do get peter pan then someday i would love to be your wendy as thats the character ive always wanted to play and im shorter than you :p :D yaaayy! Hahahah :D
Just smile.. go over the top.. and enjoy every minute !! <3  
and pleaaaasee come back to tell us how it went :)
xxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Mason Cooper

haha that would be cool but i hope for my sake that doesn't happen, coz i don't really wanna have to reapply! not when i'm this close! haha! Although meeting you would be cool lol! :)

and PeterPan88 I completely agree with what natalie said! And do come back and let us know how you did!

<3 Kingdom Hearts!

_Natalie_x

Haha Mason i shall meet you some day !! We WILL work together! ;) lol! xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

Mason Cooper

WE WILL NATALIE!!!! WE WILL!!!! And it will be at Disney haha! We will get there 1 day! haha

<3 Kingdom Hearts!

Alfie

I'm just watching some videos from when I went to Disney in January to get some inspiration for tomorrow. Anyone got any hints when it comes to the five characters. The ott thing is working, but is hard to be ott when the ideas are limited...

Mason Cooper

well try to be different! alot of people do the same thing like with the dwarfs alot of people go with grumpy, sleepy and squeezey. You'll stand out more if you do something different! OH! and remember your facial expression alot of people act with their bodies but forget the face so with the villian perhaps pull an evil grin or with the dwarfs if you do dopey pull a really silly face! lol

The best tip i can give is just to enjoy it! If you enjoy it the casting panel will too :)

<3 Kingdom Hearts!

_Natalie_x

Yeah it is kinda hard to thing of moves.. bcus obviously there is standard moves which everyones going to do.. but they do tell you to try and think of something different.
Make sure all your moves are big and clear. thats something I struggled on for villain. It goes sooo quickly the music and its hard to like walk, strike a clear pose then start walking again. You have to walk to the side for 3 beats, villain pose, walk to the other side for 3 beats, villain pose, then straight into prince. So get practicing with the music if you can :) because it does go veerry quickly!  Think about the charatcers you can do, rather than being a generic pirate, or villian, try and be specific. For villain i did gaston, and then maleficent but I dont think they came across all that well.  For dwarf the lady says "its hardest to do sneezy or sleeping so you might wanna try them" so then obviously everyone does them. So try and think of another one ! Grumpy is good id say, you can make yourself stand out :)

Sorry im rambling.  on the music that Mason posted ill tell you the time you start, and its 8 beats for everything. So you can properly practice if you want!! x
Here we are... <3[/b]

_Natalie_x

Mase confirm this pls.. its starts at 0:14 and you'll finish the whole thing about 0:34 :)   thats 5 beats of 8 for each character
1. Walk forward as a cowboy
2. Round in a circle as a pirate
3. On the spot as a dwarf
4. Walk to the left for 3, villain pose. Walk to the right for 3, villain pose.
5. Prince bow
6. Exit as yourself, waving, jumping etc. :)

Hope this helps xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

Mason Cooper

I can of course confirm it! absolutely correct! I even tested it by re-doing it myself! haha

To help with the Villian stage they do say you can walk both ways as the villian if you find it hard to get the poses in. So for me I walked as Jafar so the poses were just points towards the casting panel and then an evil grin lol

its the dancing thats the hardest part. If it was anything like my audition I had to dance inbetween the gaps in the bags as I was stuck at the back of the room where everyone threw there bags! haha oh and the lady teaching it was so small I couldn't see her haha and considering i'm 6 foot tall thats saying something lol

PS: THAT WAS MY 100TH POST!! I've upgraded my lyric from "Give a Little Whistle" to "Hakuna Matata" Woop Woop hehe  :D  :D  :D
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

Alfie

You guys are immense!!! Thank you, guess I've got my evening entertainment sorted! :)