Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Natalie_x

Me toooo!! and no there was like 500 people at the audition.. the room was masssiive but still it was hard to see ! Haha
we learnt the dance in groups of 100 then did it for the casting directors in 10s, after that they cut the 500 down to literally 50 it was mad :lol:
It was my first ever professional audition, ive never done drama school or anything like that :lol: gotta get used to it :D it doesnt feel like an audition though to much does it its just fun (but with something amazing at the end) Hahaha !!  Fingers crossed ill be luckier next time and i hope you get a call from the CDs soon!! xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Me toooo!! and no there was like 500 people at the audition.. the room was masssiive but still it was hard to see ! Haha
we learnt the dance in groups of 100 then did it for the casting directors in 10s, after that they cut the 500 down to literally 50 it was mad :lol:
It was my first ever professional audition, ive never done drama school or anything like that :lol: gotta get used to it :D it doesnt feel like an audition though to much does it its just fun (but with something amazing at the end) Hahaha !!  Fingers crossed ill be luckier next time and i hope you get a call from the CDs soon!! xx

Well in london they had about 400 of us and just taught it to everyone at the same time then we performed it in 10s to the CDs!

I completely agree with you! It is just so much fun! it feels so different to a drama school audition! Drama school auditions are more tense and (at least the ones I have been to) everyone is so nasty to each other! The Disney audition everyone just seemed so nice and friendly! They wanted cheesy grins and to be honest I think most people were just naturally smiling coz they were so much fun (even if they were a little crowded haha!)

Ahhh well keep auditioning! I'm sure you'll get there! Maybe you just weren't what they were looking for this time!

And thank you! I hope they call me soon as well! (If not I am going back to the next audition to re-apply! haha)

Mason  :D
I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

itslewis

Boo to stage school auditions lol. I was successful at a couple but they are so intimating and it all went on looks and ethnic backgrounds in my opinion! Disney was great though, I got to be myself and smile and be OTT haha :D

Lewis x

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "itslewis"Boo to stage school auditions lol. I was successful at a couple but they are so intimating and it all went on looks and ethnic backgrounds in my opinion! Disney was great though, I got to be myself and smile and be OTT haha :D

Lewis x

OMG! Yes! It is so based on looks! Which I think is really wrong! Boo To Drama Schools! lol

not long now is it until you go out to Paris lewis? So jealous btw haha

mason  :D
I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

_Natalie_x

Oh lewis you're far too successful for my liking .. ;)
xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

_Natalie_x

and Mason join the club im soooo jealous.  hey maybe someday we'll end up at the same audition if you don't get called this time round ! :)
im going to change the colours of my signature because i keep getting confused with mine n yours being the same :lol: xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"and Mason join the club im soooo jealous.  hey maybe someday we'll end up at the same audition if you don't get called this time round ! :)
im going to change the colours of my signature because i keep getting confused with mine n yours being the same :lol: xx

Could do! You never know! I will most likely go to the London auditions as they are alot easier for me to get to!

And I never noticed until you said that! Its alright keeps yours the same! I'll change mine! You've been a member longer than I have lol

<3 Kingdom Hearts!

_Natalie_x

haha now we've both changed em ! Oh well mines multi-coloured.. i get confused very easily ;)
and I will end up going to the London auditions if there are none in Leeds, only like a 3 hour journey.. not too bad! And so worth it if you get through ;) Haha
how long did it take you to get to your last audit?xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

itslewis

Haha Natalie, I'm not successful trust me! I've been lucky but I'm only 19 so I have lots more 'NOs' coming my way. Stage school auditions were my worst, only auditioned for two places (should of auditioning for more but couldn't be bothered) and got First Diploma at one school, but it makes you realise how many people are just as good as you IF better! It really knocks your self confidence, especially when they treat you like cattle. I suppose that's the industry but it's all a learning curve for us youngsters  :-P

I didn't really want to audition for schools, my lecturers and parents hinted they wanted me to do it so I did it for that basis. I didn't want another three years of education straight away but I REALLY REALLY wanted Disney so I feel because I really wanted it, I got it. Like I said, THINK POSITIVE.

The people I spoke too who were at my audition and the people who I know already at Disney and starting with me have done the typical dance/acting schools.. so it just goes to show that you don't always need training. Mason, we've skipped the three years of being a poor student and whatnot and gone straight to a professional performing job! After college, I felt so sorry for myself. All my friends went off to Laines, Mountview, Artsed ect ect and I was stuck at home stuck for what to do! I felt like everyone was moving on a part from me, and it REALLY got me down.. but then Tinkerbell got my wish and sprinkled lots of fairy dust and now i'm off to Disneyland  :D

Yes Mason, I CAN NOT wait as you probably can guess. Only two weeks and two days, leave my job next Thursday! Have lots planned with the family before I go and lots of shopping trips. I think I might leave this forum though, you all get me too excited! ARGHHH!

Mason, make sure you let us know when you get the call! Remember to email Daniel in about 4 weeks after your audition just to remind him, I'm sure they will need lots of performers ready for the Halloween season!

Lewis x

Chiyo

Oh wow, something's going on here *smile*

So, probably you didn't see my question cause of Natalies furious comeback :D

Today sent me the invitation for the audition in Paris on Sept. the 29th again. What does that mean? Did somebody only messed up the E-mails or should I reply to confirm my participation at the audition?
I haven't seen any request for this in the e-mails, but probably you know more about it ^^

Booked my train today for Paris *happy* and bought a french-learning-book ^.~

Greetings
Chiyo ^^

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"haha now we've both changed em ! Oh well mines multi-coloured.. i get confused very easily ;)
and I will end up going to the London auditions if there are none in Leeds, only like a 3 hour journey.. not too bad! And so worth it if you get through ;) Haha
how long did it take you to get to your last audit?xx

Lol natalie! I love your new signature! so colourful! haha For me it took 45 Minutes to get to Pineapple Dance Studio and involved me getting 2 trains and 3 underground tubes! lol So not long at all really!  :D

Quote from: "itslewis"Haha Natalie, I'm not successful trust me! I've been lucky but I'm only 19 so I have lots more 'NOs' coming my way. Stage school auditions were my worst, only auditioned for two places (should of auditioning for more but couldn't be bothered) and got First Diploma at one school, but it makes you realise how many people are just as good as you IF better! It really knocks your self confidence, especially when they treat you like cattle. I suppose that's the industry but it's all a learning curve for us youngsters  :-P

I didn't really want to audition for schools, my lecturers and parents hinted they wanted me to do it so I did it for that basis. I didn't want another three years of education straight away but I REALLY REALLY wanted Disney so I feel because I really wanted it, I got it. Like I said, THINK POSITIVE.

The people I spoke too who were at my audition and the people who I know already at Disney and starting with me have done the typical dance/acting schools.. so it just goes to show that you don't always need training. Mason, we've skipped the three years of being a poor student and whatnot and gone straight to a professional performing job! After college, I felt so sorry for myself. All my friends went off to Laines, Mountview, Artsed ect ect and I was stuck at home stuck for what to do! I felt like everyone was moving on a part from me, and it REALLY got me down.. but then Tinkerbell got my wish and sprinkled lots of fairy dust and now i'm off to Disneyland  :D

Yes Mason, I CAN NOT wait as you probably can guess. Only two weeks and two days, leave my job next Thursday! Have lots planned with the family before I go and lots of shopping trips. I think I might leave this forum though, you all get me too excited! ARGHHH!

Mason, make sure you let us know when you get the call! Remember to email Daniel in about 4 weeks after your audition just to remind him, I'm sure they will need lots of performers ready for the Halloween season!

Lewis x

You are so right Lewis! In this kind of industry their is alot of rejection and I think that is something you need to learn while you are still young! I'm 19 too and I have noticed that as you get older more chances and jobs open up to you! As they say with ages comes experience and it is so true!

And when it comes to drama school a part of me will always want to go but then their is so much limitation their (not to mention debt!) and i also think a break away from education will do the world of good!

I completely know what you mean about friends going off to university and drama schools (I had a friend who is currently studying at LAMDA and so broke! lol) ! i mean I am still at college (annoyingly!) I mean I studied A levels for 2 years and got amazing grades! I passed overall with A B B! But where i didn't get into college I decided to do a BTEC! Worse decision I ever made! I mean this Disney audition came up and I actually got through! WOW! lol It makes me wonder if I should have just looked for acting jobs instead of doing another course coz i may have actually had some chance! lol It really does get you down but all of a sudden their is that dream come true! and if you get offered it you gotta go for it! lol

God I am so jealous of you lewis! So lucky lol but then I may be joining ya (if an offer comes of course!) I imagine that leaving your friends and family is hard but then sometimes you gotta do whats best for you!

I will post straight away if i get an offer and if your still there I may have to find ya and say hello! lol and thanks for your help! I will defo email him (in 2 weeks time coz that will be a month from the audition date!)  :D

Quote from: "Chiyo"Oh wow, something's going on here *smile*

So, probably you didn't see my question cause of Natalies furious comeback :D

Today sent me the invitation for the audition in Paris on Sept. the 29th again. What does that mean? Did somebody only messed up the E-mails or should I reply to confirm my participation at the audition?
I haven't seen any request for this in the e-mails, but probably you know more about it ^^

Booked my train today for Paris *happy* and bought a french-learning-book ^.~

Greetings
Chiyo ^^

It may just be a mistake! If it's an open audition you don't need to send a confirmation! Just turn up! however if the email asks you to then just send an email confirming that you will be attending!

(Gorr!!!! one of my longest posts ever! haha!)
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

Chiyo

Thank you Mason! In both e-mails it says:"Private Audition call", but there is no asking to send something back.
If you want, I can send you the whole mail, probably I have overseen something in my excitement (what I actually don't believe ^^" I mean, I AM excited, but that much??? :) )

Just want to do everything right.. btw. I have to write my Disneystory... but I'm not sure, If this the right thread for it... anyway, I'll post in here, and if the mods don't like it here, they have to put it to another place ;)

Greetings
Chiyo ^^

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "Chiyo"Thank you Mason! In both e-mails it says:"Private Audition call", but there is no asking to send something back.
If you want, I can send you the whole mail, probably I have overseen something in my excitement (what I actually don't believe ^^" I mean, I AM excited, but that much??? :) )

Just want to do everything right.. btw. I have to write my Disneystory... but I'm not sure, If this the right thread for it... anyway, I'll post in here, and if the mods don't like it here, they have to put it to another place ;)

Greetings
Chiyo ^^

Well if it says "Private Audition Call" I'd send a reply confirming that you will attend just to be sure!  :)

As for the your story perhaps you should start a new thread! Call it "Past Cast members stories!" that way you could allow other previous cast members to tell their story too!

<3 Kingdom Hearts!

Chiyo

Okay, both sound like good ideas... so I know what to do tomorrow ^^

- Replying to Character and Paradedepartment and
- opening my first thread at the magicforum :)

Have a wonderful evening
Chiyo ^^

alaina82

Good evening everyone  :D

Just wanted to say that i auditioned for Arts Ed and Performers and didnt get in anywhere but ive still managed to get a few jobs without the training, I know of people who have been and have never gotten anything! The only thing it helps you with is getting an agent to get you the auditions for the west end etc as without one it becomes a viscious circle....cant get a job without an agent but agents wont take you on without jobs! Im too old now to think that i'll ever make it to west end so Disney for me is just a chance to get fit, make some new friends and have fun. Luckily for me i still look young enough to be able to compete with people in their early 20s but im also really short so looks like my forte may be in kids stuff....which seeing as im a big kid myself suits me fine  :P

I dont think that going to drama/dance college is the be all and end all it just means that you have to work extra hard to get that elusive job. Make sure you have something to fall back on tho as this industry can be tough so if you have another interest try and pursue that, for me i went to uni and studied Criminology and Criminal Justice so have another career that i could work at when the performing stops. In the meantime tho most of you are young enough to try as much as possible, sign up to an extra agency or look on casting call pro or starnow for other jobs. Life is too short so if you have a dream follow it and it may come true  :D