Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cendrillon

As gldc said, it seems like those who have worked at DLP before were asked to contact Casting yesterday, so part of me wonders if they were waiting for that to happen so they could then offer the remaining contracts to us? Perhaps we'll hear something at the beginning of next week...? Haha, it's all about staying optimistic now!

Astya

Thank you Anthony!  :)

mackattack

Quote from: "LanaL"
Quote from: "mackattack"I emailed Noellie today and she said that all the contracts should be sent out by mid-may..
Hi  :)
How soon the contract should be sent after got a job offer?

Hey i'm not 100% certain, but as far as I know, the job offer comes in the form a contract and you accept of decline it!

LanaL

Quote from: "mackattack"Hey i'm not 100% certain, but as far as I know, the job offer comes in the form a contract and you accept of decline it!

Thanks for the quick answer  :D

chlodog91

hi all,

been watching this thread for a while but thought I'd post. I'm also in the talent pool, waiting on a contract! My interviewer said I've been put down for ticketing. Just wondering if anyone has heard for ticketing at all? I had my interview in late February so it's been a while now. Thing is, I really really need to know (as well as want haha) cause I'm currently in Russia on my year abroad and my flight back to the UK is on June 23rd...which is the date I've given them as the date I'm available from. So if I get a contract, and I get one from June 23rd, I'm going to want/have to change my flight to avoid going through the UK and instead fly straight to Paris. I've been checking my email religiously but nothing's come through! It's starting to stress me out as currently I don't have a back up plan and am going to have to come up with one sharpish if Disney falls through!

gldc

Quote from: "fabmoolah"
Quote from: "Bball12"gldc do you reckon it'd be worth contacting them, I'd love to work in any shop/restaurant. I wouldn't be fully comfortable on the phone en francais, but maybe an email? Merci

I sent Noellie a polite: when am I going to know what's going on? email the other day and have had no reply.
And restaurants is what I said I would do aswell, ugh.

Have you worked for them before? If not then you dont need to call they'll just email you with an offer and you reply via email with yes or no.

If you have then don't worry they are really accomodating on the phone and most (if not all) the casting people speak english so you'll be fine...they are very unresponsive via email and will just send you an autoreply telling you to wait...trust me i've tried it.

I've created a summer 2012 thread for applicants so feel free to post there > viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13315&p=216399#p216399
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

tarajanelovesshoes

so here is assuming nobody from the UK has heard about Summer 2012 jobs?

fabmoolah

Quote from: "gldc"
Quote from: "fabmoolah"
Quote from: "Bball12"gldc do you reckon it'd be worth contacting them, I'd love to work in any shop/restaurant. I wouldn't be fully comfortable on the phone en francais, but maybe an email? Merci

I sent Noellie a polite: when am I going to know what's going on? email the other day and have had no reply.
And restaurants is what I said I would do aswell, ugh.

Have you worked for them before? If not then you dont need to call they'll just email you with an offer and you reply via email with yes or no.

If you have then don't worry they are really accomodating on the phone and most (if not all) the casting people speak english so you'll be fine...they are very unresponsive via email and will just send you an autoreply telling you to wait...trust me i've tried it.

I've created a summer 2012 thread for applicants so feel free to post there > viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13315&p=216399#p216399

I haven't worked with them before, no. I had my interview at the beginning of March and I am just trying to get a summer contract out of them anyway I can!

fabmoolah

Quote from: "tarajanelovesshoes"so here is assuming nobody from the UK has heard about Summer 2012 jobs?

There are about a dozen people at my university who have all been interviewed between January and March about summer and NO ONE has heard! They're either going to come all at once or not at all!

gldc

Quote from: "fabmoolah"I haven't worked with them before, no. I had my interview at the beginning of March and I am just trying to get a summer contract out of them anyway I can!

In that case, wait until mid-May when they'll start ending out emails.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

tarajanelovesshoes

For people who have previously worked at Disney and are from the UK, what did you do about your mobiles? Did you get a sim card in France and put it in your phone/another if yours is locked to a network? Cos I have an iPhone on contract which I can't use in France because it will cost me loads, so I wondered what the options were..
also..if/when I am out there (yet to receive a contract, but fingers crossed!) I want to be able to use Facebook and Skype to contact home, would I be stupid to bring my laptop with me? Or do other people do that?
Thanksssss!

chlodog91

I've not worked at disney before (am also waiting for a contract) but I did live in France for 5 months last sept-jan. Phoneswise you'll be able to get a cheap pay as you go phone & sim for about 25-30 euros. For a sim card on its own you have to pay an unnecessarily large amount (I was on SFR and paid 15 euros or something stupid). Pay as you go in France imo is quite expensive, and every time you buy credit it has a limited period of validity on it! Like 5 euros will only be valid 3 days or whatever and then its gone forever. Laptopwise I would have assumed taking your laptop wouldn't be a problem? I'd be taking mine if I were to get a contract, don't think I could cope 3 months without it haha. I've been abroad (in France/Russia) since last July and have taken my laptop everywhere I went, so can't really see taking it somewhere else being an issue.

tarajanelovesshoes

Yeah, I have heard the contracts are due in the next week or so..scary stuff! I know I must concentrate on my A2 exams but the waiting is driving me crazy! I also have my french oral exam on Thursday so can't take my mind off of France for a second haha! In that case, I think I will definitely take my laptop. It is basically attached to me (I am ashamed to say) and I can contact almost everybody I need to just by the internet so it is no big deal really! Cheaper not to have a phone!
Good luck with your contract-getting :)
Thanks so much for you amazing advice!

NaeBad

I had my French oral exam last week and it went amazingly well, so I'm desperate to go to Disneyland and use the language!  Good luck to everyone that's waiting on a contract!  Fingers crossed  [-o< !

sineadlemonade

@tarajanelovesshoes good luck with your exam! i CANNOT focus on any of my A2s either! The waiting's just too intense!

@NaeBad I had my oral last week too, just wanna get out there!