Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao

Ahhh so exciting that so many people on here are in the talent pool or on the waiting-list. I hope everyone gets a job offer eventually!
Sheesh, now I really can't wait for the audition haha..
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

Astya

Quote from: "ssaamm"Hi again :) What type of stuff should you put on the CV for when you are auditioning. Ive never worked in anything to do with performing/dancing before. Anddd Ive seen before for auditions that you need photos of yourself, but for the auditions next month, the website dosent mention anything about the photos, so do I need them?

Hey ssaamm!  I was wondering this too.  I have music performing experience but no costume work whatsoever.  I don't really know what they want.  Maybe stuff like, any practical skills that might be useful?  

@Laura, what did you put on your CV?

ssaamm

Quote from: "Astya"Hey ssaamm! I was wondering this too. I have music performing experience but no costume work whatsoever. I don't really know what they want. Maybe stuff like, any practical skills that might be useful?

@Laura, what did you put on your CV?

Hi Astya :)

Im going to get my Dad to help me write it, but I've honestly got no clue what to put on it. Are you bringing photos of you to the audition too?

Astya

I'm not going to the next audition, I can't start work until September at the earliest!  Are you going to Leeds?  When I went I didn't take anything except my passport, but I only got through the acting not the dancing so I don't know what successful people had to show.  Might be worth taking a few headshots, just like passport photo types on a white background, that's what I'm thinking next time I go.  I'd be interested to know what you do put down as I'm having trouble too!

ssaamm

Quote from: "Astya"I'm not going to the next audition, I can't start work until September at the earliest! Are you going to Leeds? When I went I didn't take anything except my passport, but I only got through the acting not the dancing so I don't know what successful people had to show. Might be worth taking a few headshots, just like passport photo types on a white background, that's what I'm thinking next time I go. I'd be interested to know what you do put down as I'm having trouble too!

Ah okay :) Yeah I'm going to Leeds. I'll tell you what I put in the CV once I write it :)
What did you do for the acting part?

Did you need your passport for the audition?

laura:)

Quote from: "Astya"@Laura, what did you put on your CV?

@Astya all I put on my CV was my education, previous work, activities, hobbies and interests.

Laura:)

Astya

@ssaamm - I didn't, but it said online to take it along, maybe the successful ones were asked for them!

So the acting is to music, it's to Disney's Party Gras, you can find it on Youtube!

1st Count of 8 - You walk forward as a cowboy
2nd Count of 8 - You have to walk around in a circle like a Pirate
3rd Count of 8 - You stand on the spot as 1 of the 7 dwarfs
4th Count of 8 - You walk left and right as a villian
5th Count of 8 - You take a bow as a Prince or Princess
Final Count of 8 - You walk off stage as a cast member waving goodbye!

There's tonnes of info in this thread, quite a way back now.  I have some stuff saved too so I'll have a look this evening for anything else useful.  :)

I can't decide whether to go to the Leeds audition, I want to but I think it's too early for September contracts anyway.  :(

Astya

Oh, and thanks Laura!  :)

Nao

@ssaamm  I don't have much work experience so what I put on my CV was basically all the training I had in either theatre or dance and even little jobs like extras and stuff. If you were in any big extracurricular things at your school like maybe the student council; mention it either in your CV or in your cover letter. Any skills that are related to entertainment, you might want to put those in there. For example all the languages you speak, if you can belly-dance or something like that, just put it in there if you think it's relevant. If you had any normal jobs before just put those in even though they're not entertainment. I had no idea too so this is just what I did, don't quote me on it though haha I was also kind of winging it but this is what I got from various sources.
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

ssaamm

@Nao ah okay thank you :)

@Astya Thank you :) How did you walk as a pirate? I really can't think how a pirate would walk :)

sd1988

Quote from: "mackattack"I put down my start date as July 1st because I have exams until June 21st..Do you still think that If summer contracts come out in April that I will here then, It did say on my email that the won't contact you until at least two months before your start date..? :)

Hey Mackattack, I put the exact start date as you too, because I had been casted in a feature film in May/June. Did you audition on Jan 10th or 11th? Cos im sure that the expiry for the waiting list is the same date from your audition, so we would have until 10th/11th July to get that call.

fabmoolah

Summer contracts, people what do we know?

mackattack

Quote from: "fabmoolah"Summer contracts, people what do we know?

Nothing Unfortunately..:(

Cendrillon

I'm pretty sure the minute they get sent out we'll know... because anyone who gets one will have rushed straight here!

Kayleighmplatt

Quote from: "Astya"@ssaamm - I didn't, but it said online to take it along, maybe the successful ones were asked for them!

So the acting is to music, it's to Disney's Party Gras, you can find it on Youtube!

1st Count of 8 - You walk forward as a cowboy
2nd Count of 8 - You have to walk around in a circle like a Pirate
3rd Count of 8 - You stand on the spot as 1 of the 7 dwarfs
4th Count of 8 - You walk left and right as a villian
5th Count of 8 - You take a bow as a Prince or Princess
Final Count of 8 - You walk off stage as a cast member waving goodbye!

There's tonnes of info in this thread, quite a way back now.  I have some stuff saved too so I'll have a look this evening for anything else useful.  :)

I can't decide whether to go to the Leeds audition, I want to but I think it's too early for September contracts anyway.  :(
thanks for posting this Astya! will be practising in my living room! looking forward to the Leeds auditions :) then a few days after i am going to Paris/Euro Disney for a week! x