Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Natalie_x

Great to know thanks :D looking forward to it. Anybody else going to any of the recruitment sessions?? Xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

_Natalie_x

By the way , guys wanting to join the character an parade department.. There are auditions in Leeds on 11th September, and in London on 13th and 14th ;D check the stage website for all details, will most likely be on disneylandparis-casting also :) best of luck.
Natalie xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Elly_Harries

I am in the process of applying for a Disneyland Paris position to be able to start after I have graduated from University.  I would love to work for Disneyland as it is a chance to work in a foreign country and it is something completely different to what I have worked with before.  My only concerns are: amount of French needed and accommodation.  I am not a very good French speaker but I am currently re-learning.  I have been told that the face-to-face interview is half in French and half in English.   :?   Also I was told that there has been a problem with placing everybody in accommodation.  I was all for applying and learning more French to be able to go to the interview and (dreaming) getting a job there.  :/  help anyone?

Owen0712

Hey everyone  :)
I applied for a position at Disneyland Paris several weeks ago as I absolutely love the company and think it would be an amazing experience  :D I wasn't sure however if anything would come about it, but I recieved an email this week informing me that they were interested in my application and that I need to call them during the next few days. It sounds very exciting! However I was wondering if anyone could let me know what to expect from the phonecall? I just wanted to know if it was a formal phonecall and what sort of questions I should expect and if I'm successful what are the next stages of the process? My big worry is that I'm not very good at french, I do know the basics but I was wondering if Disneyland offers any roles where I wouldn't need to be fluent? It sounds like an amazing experience and I would hope to go for a summer 2012 contract if I am successful, thank you for all the posts they have already been very helpful :) x

rebecca

Hi Owen (and everyone!)
I'm newww, and in the same position as Owen. I've just had the telephone interview.... mine was all in French, and the very nice lady basically asked what type of contract I'd like, along with a few normal questions, and where I'm nearest to (Manchester, Leeds, London or Dublin I think...), for a face to face interview. It only took about 5 minutes (: Awaiting face to face interview nowww. Hope that helps!

Nala7

Hi everyone!!

I'm new to the forum too; I will go to the recruitment session in Madrid in January! I had the telephone interview too and was all in French, except for two questions that were in English because I did not understand what he said.
Basically he asked how many languages I speak, what dates I am available and where I would like to do the face to face interview.
I want to work there from February until end of August. Someone else wants to work that dates??
I would like to work in boutique.

Rebecca when do yo have the face to face interview!!
Good luck Owen!

I hope we can meet at Disneylan Paris!! :)

rebecca

Hi nala!
How did you find the French? Are you Spanish?  I was so worried that I wouldn't understand anything, but thankfully it was okay! Have you had 2 confirmation emails yet? I have an interview in october, I'm so excited/nervous!
I want to leave as soon as possible basically, but whenever would be amazing (: I'd love to know people before I leave!

Yes owen, let us know how it goes , and if you're going to the London auditions! Xx

Nala7

Hi Rebecca!!

I am italian, but I live in Spain! I was worried too because I'm not very good in French!
I recieved the first email and I'm still waiting the second and I know other people who are waiting too for the second email and have the interview on September and November.
I would like to be there for Halloween and Christmas but the contracts are only for two weeks and I would like to stay there a little bit longer, so I will ask to start on February!

Ashe

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Was not at all like an interview, just like a personal invitation to the recruitment sessions (Manchester, London, Edinborough) and then she sent me an email to confirm.

Omg they recruit in Edinburgh? Dammit, why didn't they do this when I was getting my interview! I could've save £60 on trains! haha.

I hope your recruitment session goes well :D Good luck!

rosie1993

Hey guys :)
I'm going to the london audition tomorrow, just wondering if anyone knew what the best time to turn up would be? It says 10 but should I be there earlier?
Also, any tips for the interview and what to expect??

cap'njack

I went to one earlier in the year. People were turning up from around 9am. I'd advise getting there by 9:30, that way you have time to fill in the application form, get yourself a number (those who turned up closer to 10 found that numbers had run out and they had to remember a number instead)

My biggest tip is to be yourself, make sure you act all of your animations really big and also make sure you mingle with people before the audition...remember they are after people who are great with people :)

Good luck

Johnny

rosie1993

Ah cool thank you! :)

sineadlemonade

Hey everyone i'm brand new here, this is my first post haha...
I applied for a DLP job at the end of August and got an email like Owen's back, saying i have to call them for a phone interview in October. I was just wondering whether it would be all in French/English or a bit of both?

Nala7

Hi sineadlemonade!

The interview is in French, but if you don't understand something they speak in english too!
Good luck! :)

rebecca

Hi sineadlemonade! Let us know how your interview goes, and what day you'll be going to interview (: also goes for Owen!

Nala, they'll love you! You can speak 4 languages? :O I'm so so jealous... Yeah I thought about the short contracts, but I really wanted to be there for christmas, it'd be amazingggg xx