Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Natalie_x

HEY GUYS! OMG its been like a million years since i posted here and i barely recognise any names now!! *shameful*
good luck to everyone auditioning and going for jobs! I am in Auckland at the moment, theres no disney stores out here.. AHHH!! What the hell?!?! Im having major withdrawels :p planning on auditions the minute im back for DLP. Either that or hoping to get a position in the boutiques over christmas. That would be amaaazing.
Once again good luck to everyone, just SMILE and be as Disney as i know you can be. ;)

love to all! <3 xxxxxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

jennjennzo

Good luck to everyone going to auditions. I wish you all the best of luck.
Might see a few people in leeds.
Jenn xxx

SophieBelle

Good luck to you also.. see you in Leeds :) xx

cap'njack

Good luck to everyone going to Leeds Audition tomorrow...stop by here if you can and let us London hopefuls know how you all get on

Johnny

nis91

Hi,

I went to the London interview day last week and received an email today saying:

"Dear applicant,
It was a pleasure meeting you at our recruitment session in London.
We enjoyed getting to know you better.
Congratulations!! Your interview was a success. We are know trying to find you a position/ internship corresponding to your availabilities and qualifications.

As mentionned during our venue, if we find you a position we will send you an offer via email within the next 2 months. If we don't manage to find you a position, we will keep your application and contact you again via email for our Halloween and Christmas contracts.

Thank you for your patience and for taking the time to interview with us.
Sincerely,
The Casting team"

Is this what everyone receives or do some people get accepted or (heavenf forbid ) rejected straight away? Im jsut a little bit confused whether or not Im likely to get a job as if not i could do with looking into other stuff.

Is anyone can help that would be amazing :D

Thanks.

CharlottexBelle

Quote from: "cap'njack"Good luck to everyone going to Leeds Audition tomorrow...stop by here if you can and let us London hopefuls know how you all get on

Johnny

What day are you going to London? I'm going on thursday. Soooo nervous!!!

Charlotte :)

Ant

Quote from: "nis91"Hi,

I went to the London interview day last week and received an email today saying:

"Dear applicant,
It was a pleasure meeting you at our recruitment session in London.
We enjoyed getting to know you better.
Congratulations!! Your interview was a success. We are know trying to find you a position/ internship corresponding to your availabilities and qualifications.

As mentionned during our venue, if we find you a position we will send you an offer via email within the next 2 months. If we don't manage to find you a position, we will keep your application and contact you again via email for our Halloween and Christmas contracts.

Thank you for your patience and for taking the time to interview with us.
Sincerely,
The Casting team"

Is this what everyone receives or do some people get accepted or (heavenf forbid ) rejected straight away? Im jsut a little bit confused whether or not Im likely to get a job as if not i could do with looking into other stuff.

Is anyone can help that would be amazing :D

Thanks.

Last year I got accepted straight away with a contract offer in an email which was then sent out by post.  My friend got this email and they never got back to her! But my friend sent off a few emails closer to the summer ask if there was any update for available contracts and got one soon after!

My advice: wait and see, if it comes to june and no reply(or whenever you feel like) I'd send them a wee email back asking for advice.

cap'njack

Quote from: "CharlottexBelle"
Quote from: "cap'njack"Good luck to everyone going to Leeds Audition tomorrow...stop by here if you can and let us London hopefuls know how you all get on

Johnny

What day are you going to London? I'm going on thursday. Soooo nervous!!!

Charlotte :)

I can only make the Friday one :(

I'm exactly the same...but it should be a cool experience whatever happens. Let me know how you get on

Johnny :)

CharlottexBelle

I'm really worried about the animation section :/ i wanna get through that because dancing is my main skill but i doubt i'll even get to that stage! Nervoussss!

cap'njack

Quote from: "CharlottexBelle"I'm really worried about the animation section :/ i wanna get through that because dancing is my main skill but i doubt i'll even get to that stage! Nervoussss!

Shame we can have a joint audition then...I'm not bothered by the animation part (which probably means I'll go out at that stage lol) but I'm petrified of the dance part...I can't dance...even after some 'Dutch courage' lol!

Everything I've read says that during the animation part just make sure all your movements are as big as possible, remember that they are looking for people who can animate inside a costume, and make sure you smile loads (not sure how that works with the Villain part though)

Johnny

CharlottexBelle

Aww i'm pretty sure the animation part is the most important so you'll be fine :D

Yeah with the villain bit i have no idea what sort of pose to do!

I'm waiting eagerly to hear from the people who went to Leeds today! Looks like Sophiebelle got through from what her facebook status says from around half an hour ago! Ahh, i'm so happy for her!

cap'njack

Quote from: "CharlottexBelle"Aww i'm pretty sure the animation part is the most important so you'll be fine :D

Yeah with the villain bit i have no idea what sort of pose to do!

I'm waiting eagerly to hear from the people who went to Leeds today! Looks like Sophiebelle got through from what her facebook status says from around half an hour ago! Ahh, i'm so happy for her!

That's what I'm hoping for lol! I kinda know what I'm going to do...been watching videos of the parades and characters on YouTube for some inspiration :)

Awesome...good for her...hope she got a proper contract and not put on the waiting list though lol!

Hope the Leeds gang are on here later with good news all round...but that they leave some spots for us :P

Johnny

SophieBelle

Helllooooo :)

Ive just got back from leeds!! :)
I did however only get put on the waiting list, but im made up :) it was really difficult and i really didnt expect it to be.
The Animation part was really good and everyone kind of did the same thing :/ but it seemed to work because quite afew people made it to the next round. :) They do give you time to practice and use this time Wisely!! :D Go alllll out!! really the best thing to think is.. 'The more stupid you feel, the better your doing!' They only seemed to be casting for Alice and Jasmine today :D The dance section i thought was really hard... and im a dancer... and i really struggled.. you cannot see a thing unless you are right at the front, the best thing to do again, is use all the time they give you to practice to do so... luckly i was with my friend and we both kind of helped each other out :) But it is hard and its really, really fast. However saying that... i actually messed up in the middle and i still got through so not all is lost. :)
Then i got my picture taken and had to fill in another form.. and was then told i was on the waiting list ect...
Tbh im made up i got as far as i did, and who knows i may recieve a call from Daniel soon, i might not.. But if i dont then i can try again and make sure that i give it 110% and i know what to expect and if i do get a phonecall (which some people have, loads of sucess stories on here) then YESSS!! But its one foot in the door!!!
Everyone that was there today deserved to get through.. :)
I wish you all the luck in the world for the London Auditions!!! BIG SMILES the second you walk through the door.. be confident and go with it... <3

Love
SophieBelle xxxx

cap'njack

Congratulations I'm so pleased for you :) (sorry my jibe about the waiting list was out of order...I've spent part of today reading a thread on another board and the negativity about the waiting list has gotten to me a bit)

I'm starting to think that I should have driven to Leeds today...afterall it is Disneyland Paris' 19th Birthday and maybe, just maybe Walt was looking out for us diehard Disney fans today...more of the same news from London on Thursday and Friday (and hopefully they are casting for Captain Jack Sparrow!) :)

SophieBelle

Haha, no problem well i thought that when i was reading through the feeds... but i mean its one foot in the door and better than not getting through. :) i still have a little gilmmer of hope and hopefully i will get that alll important call :) haha and then if not.. then ill try and try again :D Just be calm... and try not to let your nerves show, i know that sounds silly but i think they pick up on that and in this buisness you cant be!! haha i mean if theres anything i can help you with.. let me know before your audition ill be happy to help :D

SophieBelle xxxx