Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meg55

Hey..
Just a quick question, I really want to audition in Jan! What types of things do you wear? And what do you need to take with you? x

laura:)

Hey guys,

OMG I haven't been well for the past few days so I couldn't go into work but its just as well because the weather is horrible!

The buses and trains aren`t running so everyone has to walk to work :( hopefully the snow will clear soon. I do like the job but being ill has really made me think of home and how much i miss the comforts i had there. I'm only here until 6th January, so not that long now.

If I don't stay on then it has been a great experience :)

Laura:)

alaina82

Hey Meg

For the auditon in Jan just wear trackies or loose clothing as you may have to learn a routine if you get past the animation stage. You can wear socks but jazz shoes/trainers or plimsolls are a better bet, dont wear chunky trainers cos they dont support your feet very well and arent actually that comfy to dance in.

Dont worry too much about it...just go in, smile and have fun! Everyone will feel as nervous as you so youre all in the same boat. Daniel is lovely and they will all put you at ease :D

meg55

Quote from: "alaina82"Hey Meg

For the auditon in Jan just wear trackies or loose clothing as you may have to learn a routine if you get past the animation stage. You can wear socks but jazz shoes/trainers or plimsolls are a better bet, dont wear chunky trainers cos they dont support your feet very well and arent actually that comfy to dance in.

Dont worry too much about it...just go in, smile and have fun! Everyone will feel as nervous as you so youre all in the same boat. Daniel is lovely and they will all put you at ease :D

Hey, thanks for your reply :) xx

_Natalie_x

Hey Meg!!l
they say you should bring your CV and a photo for the interview stage.. but so far (correct me if im wrong peeps) i have never heard of anyone having an interview! But i always bring mine just in case :):)  also i think uu defo have to bring ur passport sometimes incase u get offered a contract on the day :)
Best of luck for the audition.. please tell us how it went!

everyone whos been following this thread for a while, thought i would update you on my sitch!! My contract for the disney store ended today (it was meant to end 1st jan but because of the weather complications they had to lay a few temps off early). Had such a great time working there, everyone was sooo nice like looked after us well and let us in the group easily !! its a shame i cant apply to stay on because of me travelling, but the manager said that as soon as i get back I have to go and see them and we can talk about a position for meee :D all sounding very positive.. she keeps talking asif i just have a job as soon as i get back!! :D Yay.
Hope everyones having a great december and MERRY CHRISTMAS for tomorrow!!!
hope your day is as magical as it can be :)
Natalie xxxxxxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

smallblonde

Awwww well done Natalie sounds like the disney store has been a great place to work.  :D
I have asked Santa for one of the HUGE minnie mouses  :minnie: from the Disney Store, apparently tho she was of high demand and often out of stock, but hopefully I will get her tmos  :D
Christmas Wishes to everyone!!!!!!!! Hope you all have a fantastic day.  :D
xxxxxxxxxx

meg55

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Hey Meg!!l
they say you should bring your CV and a photo for the interview stage.. but so far (correct me if im wrong peeps) i have never heard of anyone having an interview! But i always bring mine just in case :):)  also i think uu defo have to bring ur passport sometimes incase u get offered a contract on the day :)
Best of luck for the audition.. please tell us how it went!

everyone whos been following this thread for a while, thought i would update you on my sitch!! My contract for the disney store ended today (it was meant to end 1st jan but because of the weather complications they had to lay a few temps off early). Had such a great time working there, everyone was sooo nice like looked after us well and let us in the group easily !! its a shame i cant apply to stay on because of me travelling, but the manager said that as soon as i get back I have to go and see them and we can talk about a position for meee :D all sounding very positive.. she keeps talking asif i just have a job as soon as i get back!! :D Yay.
Hope everyones having a great december and MERRY CHRISTMAS for tomorrow!!!
hope your day is as magical as it can be :)
Natalie xxxxxxx

Hey Natalie!! Hope you had a lovely Christmas.
Thanks for this, i'm just trying to gather all this stuff together. What type of photo do you need, an A4 one?

xx

laura:)

Hey guys!

How is everyone? I'm having a great time in disney but sad that it is nearly over :( I finish on the 6th January but hopefully I can get a contract for the future :)

I've been doing late shifts for the past week and I have two days off (today and tomorrow) and then back to the late shifts on Wednesday :( but only two more of those left and then it's in for work bright and early the rest of the time :)

Did everyone have a good Christmas? I had to work but it was fine, I kinda missed being at home that day because it didn't truly feel like Christmas over here but other than that its been great!

Speak soon

Laura:)

_Natalie_x

QuoteHey Natalie!! Hope you had a lovely Christmas.
Thanks for this, i'm just trying to gather all this stuff together. What type of photo do you need, an A4 one?

xx

i just had like a normal size one whatever photos normally are! to be honest there is no right thing to do its just what they recommend but as i said ive never heard of anyone needing it !!!
Are you psyched up for the audit?? Im excited for when i can start auditionin again :D:D:D: loll xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

meg55

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"
QuoteHey Natalie!! Hope you had a lovely Christmas.

xx

i just had like a normal size one whatever photos normally are! to be honest there is no right thing to do its just what they recommend but as i said ive never heard of anyone needing it !!!
Are you psyched up for the audit?? Im excited for when i can start auditionin again :D:D:D: loll xx

Ahh okay thanks! No i'm not, i'm really scared! I'm not sure what to expect but i suppose most people will be like that..but i'm excited :D xx

Chiyo

Yeah, I did it again.... just a few seconds ago I sent out my second application for Character & Parade Department.
At my audition in September they told us, we can reapply after Christmas, and that's what I did today *happy*

I'm very excited (again) and hope, they invite me to audition again *smile*

@meg55

You could expect a day full of fun, excitement and happiness.
First rule is: Have fun!
Second rule is: Be very big in your movement and try different things than the others.
Third and most important rule is: SMILE! Put on the biggest smile you have - and I promise, you will do that. Once you're in, you will hear Disney music, see the big DLP-logo on the wall and you will be happy, just because you are there.

Anything else? They will explain you exactly what you have to do, but you can read all our reports here at the board, to prepare your self a little bit.

I wish you good luck for your audition!  :D/

Now... something completely different:

I also want to apply for "regular" jobs at Disneyland Paris.
Many people told me already, that I don't need to speak French, the are people who got the job without knowledge of the French language. I remember, some people here at the board told me that too.
So, of course that gives me hope that I could have an alternative for CP Department.

But remembering my bad experience at the Casting office in Disneyland Paris (I wanted to leave my papers - CV, certificate and cast member evaluation from WDW, and the guy didn't speak any word English, so he didn't understand me and I had to leave without any success) I'm not sure If really can write an application in English. What if they throw it away, cause it is in english, and no one can read it?

Have you any tips or ideas, what I can do?

So enough for this time... the last thing what I do now in this post is that:

I wish you all a happy and wonderfull new year - may all your dreams come true! :)

Nice Greetings from Germany
Chiyo ^^

meg55

i have one last question! this is probably stupid but do you wear your hair up or down for the audition?

Chiyo

I had my hair up at the audition because they were long and because of the movements you do you are going to sweat, so it's probably better, to put them up.
But it should look clean and nice, if you know what I mean ;)

Kat

Hi guys :)

I'm going to the audition on the 6th January..anyone else? :)
Horrendously nervous :S
x

Kat

Ooh, and if you're going to the audition, do you need to have an idea who you want to be, or is it better to let them recommend you...i havent a clue who i'd like to be...anyone really :) Eeeek, i'm so scared :S
Happy New Year xx