Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophieD

Thanks for posting the blogs! They are lovely to read especially being so far away from the parks and auditioning seems lightyears away!!
Just reading Lotties blog- what does a REP actually do?? and Whats the height for the Green Soldiers (their routine does look good- and maybe I might be able to learn that one!! :lol:  :roll:  :oops:  :oops: )
Many Thanks x
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

DisneyBud

alaina82

Hey guys, i used to live with the girl who does the Poison Apples blog but she moved out, her names Beth but i dont think shes on the forum...however we all live on the same floor in the same block...RANDOM!!!

DisneyBud is correct, Rep is when you learn a routine be it for the parade, a show or a special event.

Green Army height is for people who are taller than Chip n Dale..,i guess about 160+, both boys and girls. Theres loads of different roles and characters for people of all heights so dont worry!

Im due to leave on 06th Jan, along with what seems about 60% of the dept! Its been, ummmm....interesting! Had some good times and A LOT of bad times so im glad to be going home. I know everyone thinks its an amazing place to work, and yes it is very surreal and can be magical at times when u see the kids faces but PLEASE dont go into this job thinking its all gonna be sunshine and roses....ITS NOT!!! I dont want to put people off at all, im sure many of you will have a better experience than ive had but im just warning you that its not as great as the public image of Disney appears to be. The social life is great and you can get the opportunity to auditon for other things when youre out here, plus free dance classes and THE SWEETIE MAN but there are a lot of things that Disney could do better at. If you really want to work here then go for it, plenty of people have worked here for years and love it but be realistic, its a job and it has the same politics, bitchiness and any other bad stuff you would find in an normal job. Its a great thing to put on your CV tho and you will never have another experience like it so for that reason alone i guess its worth doing :D

Alfie

THE SWEETIE MAN...

This sounds interesting!

SophieD

Thanks Disneybud and Alaina82 for letting me know!! I didn't know that the dancers had to be specific heights for different routines!!
And I'm quite curious about THE SWEETIE MAN too!!  :D
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

DisneyBud

Just wanted to wish everyone on this thread a Happy Christmas and amazing New Year. Have had lots of fun on this thread, and here's hoping for more in 2011 and lots more people achieving their dream job!

alaina82

Haha the Sweetie Man is basically a guy who comes into Disney every month or so with a MASSIVE collection of pick n mix sweets, its just like being at home so naturally everyone goes mad for it. You'll see someone come back from lunch with their bag of sweets and word will spread sooooo quickly...we're just a bunch of kids at heart where the littlest things please us :p

fateiskind

As a lot of people are leaving on the 6th, do you think that if they were going to call me to start in January they would have already done so? It seems that way to me... this waiting is killing me!

itslewis

SophieD

Is it hard to get a CDI contract?? Are they given to you at auditions or do you have to wait a while??  :D  x
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

itslewis

Quote from: "SophieD"Is it hard to get a CDI contract?? Are they given to you at auditions or do you have to wait a while??  :D  x

Both Sophie. Normally, if your fitted and approved at the audition for a Face Character, then your offered a CDI there and then. If not, you can just ask for one when your CDD runs out and just wait. Lots of people don't get fitted at the audition, but get approved for face characters when there out there and get one when one comes available, or if they just need you height. If your work hard, be a good cast member and they need your height your likely to get one. Lots of people are waiting at the moment including me! I was told I will hear any time between Jan/April so I reckon that's when people who are waiting on the books for the first time will be told too.. ready for the summer season!

SophieD

Thanks Lewis! Does face characters at auditions just apply to prince and princesses or does Wendy/Alice/ugly sisters come into that bracket to?? My height is about 5'6'- so hopefully I'm a face character height! I would love to be Cinderella!
I hope you get a call for a CDI contract!! Goooood Luck!!!  :D  :D
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

Alfie

Quote from: "SophieD"Thanks Lewis! Does face characters at auditions just apply to prince and princesses or does Wendy/Alice/ugly sisters come into that bracket to?? My height is about 5'6'- so hopefully I'm a face character height! I would love to be Cinderella!

At the last set of auditions, they did character fittings for Sleeping Beauty, Tiana, Cinderella and Wendy. But I guess Wendy borderline Princess status in Peter Pan. The costumes I saw on the table were for the main Princesses and Peter Pans hat.

itslewis

Quote from: "SophieD"Thanks Lewis! Does face characters at auditions just apply to prince and princesses or does Wendy/Alice/ugly sisters come into that bracket to?? My height is about 5'6'- so hopefully I'm a face character height! I would love to be Cinderella!

They face fit for most characters but not seasonal characters like Ugly Sisters unless its the auditions for the Halloween season (I think), I'm just guessing to be honest lol  :)

alaina82

London auditions are 06th and 07th Jan at Pineapple, looking for face and character and parade characters for contracts starting in Jan, minimum of 4 mths. If you havent auditioned yet go along and have a go :D

Lewis, I MISS YOU TOOOOOOOO :( oh and the sweetie man hasnt been since beginning of November, these are getting desperate times now :P

Snowing really hard here tonight but never fear Disney is here and we will still go out on parade to entertain you all! Not sure if Fantillusion will actually go out now as its due in 10 mins and its still blizzard conditions outside but we did DOUD, although some of us had to stop the choreography halfway through due to the snow and just meet and greet the guests (which i personally think is much more magical!). All buses and trains have now stopped running too so its a nice hour or so trek back home to the residences....and again back into work tomorrow morning if its still like this! Luckily i finished at 6 so i managed to get the last bus out of Disney but i have NEVER seen a bus soooo crowded, snow really knows how to disrupt everyone! On that note, hope everyone gets to where they need to go safely!!!

xx