Sim card / 3G

Started by NT_81, December 17, 2015, 02:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NT_81

Anyone who knows an option to have 3G or 4G at DLP while not (yet) having a French Sim card. Or an idea which one would be the best to purchase in France without it costing a fortune?
Not sure this all is clearly formulated :p
Thanks in advance! :)
Next visit: June 2017 - Santa Fe

DLP April 2016 - Santa Fe
DLP May 2011 - Santa Fe
DLP 1997

MattR

Why not use your, wherever you are from, Sim card with data roaming which isn´t expensive at all anymore.

or instance I pay 15€ for a one week data roaming flat within Europe when using my German SIM Card.

NT_81

Thanks!
I know that I can't use Wifi with my Sim Card in France, that's why I wasn't sure I can use 3G there.

DLP May 2011 - Santa Fe
DLP 1997

MattR

What does Wifi have to do with UMTS or LTE?

norhel

Quote from: MattR on December 17, 2015, 05:07:34 PM
What does Wifi have to do with UMTS or LTE?

I also wonder that.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

nathalie

Wifi always works, regardless of your simcard ;)  your phone just needs to have the option to actually use wifi.

I'm from Belgium and used my 3G a few times very quickly in the park, like already been mentioned, it's not that expensive anymore with roaming.

NT_81

Quote from: nathalie on December 17, 2015, 05:50:30 PM
Wifi always works, regardless of your simcard ;)  your phone just needs to have the option to actually use wifi.

I'm from Belgium and used my 3G a few times very quickly in the park, like already been mentioned, it's not that expensive anymore with roaming.

I'm from Belgium as well, but I can't use Wifi because I have a prepaid card. So it will be 3G then, haha :p.

DLP May 2011 - Santa Fe
DLP 1997

cazspence

Wifi is nothing to do with your SIM card. You don't even need a sin in to use wifi.

nathalie

Quote from: NT_81 on December 17, 2015, 06:02:51 PM

I'm from Belgium as well, but I can't use Wifi because I have a prepaid card. So it will be 3G then, haha :p.

Are you sure your phone just doesn't have it?
Go to the DHL next time, and check it out  ;)

I have a Mobistar Tempo pre-paid card, works just fine :)

DLPWonders (Banned)

I would actually buy a French sim card. I purchased mine from Le French Mobile.
Costed me 19€ and it came with 1GB internet, which worked perfectly.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

NT_81

Quote from: nathalie on December 17, 2015, 06:58:55 PM
Quote from: NT_81 on December 17, 2015, 06:02:51 PM

Are you sure your phone just doesn't have it?
Go to the DHL next time, and check it out  ;)

I have a Mobistar Tempo pre-paid card, works just fine :)

No problems with my phone. It's really the sim card, the company couldn't help me either.

DLP May 2011 - Santa Fe
DLP 1997

NT_81

Should be fixed!
But thanks for the feedback :)

DLP May 2011 - Santa Fe
DLP 1997

nathalie

I'm curious now, as to how it got fixed?  hehe

cazspence

Quote from: nathalie on December 19, 2015, 08:43:33 AM
I'm curious now, as to how it got fixed?  hehe

Me too, as there's no way it could be anything to do with the SIM card as all the phone needs is wifi, not even a SIM card in.

NT_81

Not exactly 'fixed', but they gave me wrong info :p.
I can get Wifi, just not the hotspots of that company because I don't have my internet subscription with them. But they told me 'You can't get wifi because you don't have your internet subscription with us' but they didn't say anything about other wifi hotspots.

DLP May 2011 - Santa Fe
DLP 1997