upcoming trip questions.

Started by disneyfan65, November 21, 2015, 05:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyfan65

Hi to everyone.  My wife,daughter and grandson aged 6 are travelling to DLP in a few days to experiance christmas " disney style " and i was wondering if anyone can offer me any reassurance regarding security after the awful paris and mali attacks and the threats now in belgium?  i am assuming that there is a lot of hidden security measures but has anyone been since or there now that can offer any reassurance that it is safe? we have always been to florida where security is visible but never to paris so i was wondering if its the same? I think i am more anxious as i wont be with them for this trip. one tip i can recommend, i have bought a "3" network PAYG sim and put credit on it ( i put £20 which gives unlimited internet, 3000 texts and 300 minutes ) you can then use this allowance in their feel at home group which means its free to use that allowance in 18 countries france being 1 of so i can keep in touch all the time plus get photo updates from whatsapp etc.  Also i used this in florida too and it worked great.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

MattR

I think nobody can guarantee that it is safe.

There are so many entrances and exits that can be used to get into the park. You could have drones flying in from above you can buy everywhere. If they would check every bag and every person entering somebody could detonate his or her explosives in the long line of waiting people which would have the same media reaction as if something happened inside the park ...

polar vixen

wow. .... haVing said all of that. ....that could happen anywhere.  ay least disney actually have bag checks security everywhere on site that are constantly aware which offs more than can be said for a lot of places.  besides disney isn't a government place abd therefore less Likely to be targeted

Zee79

While there is no guarantee but trying to reassure you, there are many people there now who have posted on the forum & are having a great time. Security has been increased.  I'm afraid we just have to get on with our lives & continue as normal otherwise they will have won & us being afraid is what they want.   

Ohana

I've just arrived home from my first trip yesterday evening (insert heartbreak here). Security seemed pretty tight, there was strict border control in and out of CDG airport, bags go through metal scanners on the way into the park/into the village from the onsite hotels. However it didn't water down the magic at all. Everyone there was having a good time and the magic was well and truly alive. The park got a lot busier yesterday and on our way to the magic shuttle we saw a few army guys with machine guns which was a bit off putting but also reassuring in a way. It appears as though the situation has been and is being handled well, try not to worry, it'll be magical :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

disneyfan65

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm reassured that there appears to be an army presence.  They have been looking forward to this trip for so long especially as they booked the disneyland hotel. 

Emmag73

We were there Wednesday to Friday. Bag checks and xray machines on entrances to parks and Disney village, and an increased security presence in the hotel. Felt totally safe with my precious bundles. Only time we felt at all anxious was as we were leaving with a lot of military presence at train station. We had the most amazing magical time.

disneyfan65

Thanks again for the replys.. its good to hear from people recently returned hat there is extra security, i assume the extra security is day and night?   all my family are in the DLH.  has anyone used the magic shuttle from CDG to DLP ?

stifle

Yes I've used the Magic Shuttle before. Nowadays I ordinarily get the TGV though.

irishcailin

Hi there,

We just returned last night and had a great time. We were anxious at first but when we got there that lifted and it truly was magical, especially as Christmas is in full swing there. There are bag checks at all the entrances as you would expect. We actually traveled into Paris city centre on Saturday and still felt safe as there was a lot of army presence and bag and metal detector checks on entering stores.
We got the magic shuttle to and from the airport, just make sure you get one on the return that gives plenty of time before check-in, they recommend 2 & 1/2 hours in advance of your check in time.

disneyfan65

Thanks again for the replies especially those that have just returned.  I also decided to ring Disney and ask them about safety as the british government have advised school trips not to travel to the region.  They said that security at the park and within the park is equivelent to MI6 and that they have top notch security and security proceedures to ensure guests safety at all times and added some visible most is not.  They also explained that when schools visit they mostly stop in schools and Govt buildings in sleeping bags not on site and this obviously needs manpower to implement and at the moment he manpower is better deployed elsewhere.  Hope this also hopes others who like me were apprehensive but now i feel quite reassured.

seraphelle

Quote from: disneyfan65 on November 25, 2015, 11:47:51 AM
Thanks again for the replies especially those that have just returned.  I also decided to ring Disney and ask them about safety as the british government have advised school trips not to travel to the region.  They said that security at the park and within the park is equivelent to MI6 and that they have top notch security and security proceedures to ensure guests safety at all times and added some visible most is not.  They also explained that when schools visit they mostly stop in schools and Govt buildings in sleeping bags not on site and this obviously needs manpower to implement and at the moment he manpower is better deployed elsewhere.  Hope this also hopes others who like me were apprehensive but now i feel quite reassured.

I will agree with you here, and I noticed it whilst I was there last week. There are eyes everywhere. Even people that look like normal Disney customers, if you just pay attention you will notice there is heavy security manpower everywhere, both in the park and the hotels. It is not just the people with 'securite' on their sleeves. I felt very safe whilst I was there.
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

DLPZest

I got back Friday evening. There was a baggage check at the hotel also when I arrived. Haven't seen that mentioned here, unless I missed it.

I found security at the hotel the most noticeable. Didn't notice anything inside the park itself, then again, I was to busy enjoying myself  ;) And yes, there are still armed soldiers and police officers, and police dogs walking around (mostly in the area in front of the train station if I remember correctly).

The check points to enter the park run pretty smoothly, no long waits as I had expected. If you remember to unzip your coat while walking up it's even smoother.

BTW, I traveled from Antwerp to Brussels, then to DLP by train. There was a lot of security in Brussels (obviously because of the threat level), but I didn't actually see any inside the train station in MLV. That may have been due to the fact that I was in a magical bubble as soon as I saw a sign for Disney Express...