Castle Club Opinions

Started by SmileySammi, November 01, 2015, 02:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmileySammi

Hi I'm planning on staying the castle club rooms with the view of a park in about 2 years and I was wondering if anyone could tell me about their experiences or opinions of it and if its worth the money?  :)

mickey1980

Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiƫsto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

never2old

We've stayed in the Castle Club a few times (back when it was just the 2 of us and prices were much much lower than they are today).

It's an amazing, wonderful experience all around. The park view rooms are brilliant, first night I couldn't go to sleep, all I wanted was to stare out of the window at my Castle all night... The lounge is heaven, really. Nice and quiet, great food (best breakfast in the world, though it could be because of the view  ;)), and excellent service. The CM in the CC are probably the best around, really there to make your experience better. Oh, and the lift! You have a lift to go from your floor straight to the park entrance (with a key card so that only you can use it). I love that lift...

Every time we've stayed there it was a really magical experience, made more so by the Castle Club.

Whether it's worth it or not, it really depends on your budget... If you can save up for it without starving yourself and sacrificing 3 years worth of holidays to be able to pay for it, then yes, it is. Yes it's way too over priced, but it's really a  wonderful experience. I hope some day we can go back and stay there again (though now that we've discovered the Disney Cruises, I think all my savings will go to budget cruises  ::) ;))

cjebs

I have never stayed in Castle Club, i have however stayed in the Empire State Club and the standard rooms of the Disney Hotel.

The best 2 things about the 'Clubs' are the unlimited fast passes and the private breakfast area. When we went it was myself and my sister 25/28 yrs old so for us the quieter dining in the morning was great, no disrespect to all those going with little ones, breakfast at say inventions on a busy half term/holiday morning is CHAOS in terms of the number of people everywhere and the noise.

The best part about the disney hotel itself is no.1 its THE disney hotel so it feels more special just being in it as you know its the most expensive and therefore more exclusive even though we get no extras above any of the other hotels. It is also right on the entrance to the park so there is next to no walking to and from your hotel.

For me Castle Club would combine the best 2 things about these things.

-Quieter breakfast times is plus for adult only goers, those with older relatives or young ones who don't handle the noise of the buffet halls very well.
-The VIP fastpasses are fantastic is you are visiting as a heavy ride orientated trip especially at peak times as you can get on anything from Space Mountain to Tower of Terror is under 20mins usually as many times as you want. If you are doing a short stay like 2night/3 days this really helps at Xmas or school holiday trips.
-THe location of the Disney Hotel is great is you are travelling in the winter months when it can get ridiculously cold in DLP.

If you feel you all of these criteria are major factors to you then yes its definitely worth it.

For my next trip I'm hoping it will be Feb 2017 for me and my 12yr old and we will mainly be going for rides over characters, its cold in feb as I have experienced many times and now my partner refuses to go again in winter after a feb 2014 trip.

So Offpeak>Cold>RidesHeavy>QuietBreakfast>ShortTrip castle club doesn't work out too bad.

if i was looking at a much more relaxed trip of say summer time, with little ones to do character experiences i wouldn't bother with CC and look at something cheaper as its nearly twice the price in july/august and so nothing was rushed i expect the trip would have to be 4/5 days minimum.

If you trip you are planning falls somewhere in between i would suggest perhaps the Seqouia Lodge Golden Forestwhich is my fav hotel theme anyway, has the private dining and you get 1 single use fast pass ticket per day in addition to the standard one you collect from a machine with your park ticket so should allow you to do 2 big rides on a daily basis easily and spend the rest of the time wandering about soaking up atmosphere etc. Golden Forest is also FAR FAR cheaper and can be booked using all the offers like free HB, 2nights free etc..

A Final Thought before i stop rambling is i believe something like CC or ESC is better once you have been a good couple of times already as you already know where everything is, what you want and don't want to do etc. and more likely it could even spoil future trips if your first visit is to the peak of what you can buy and would be disappointed by not so magical experience as your first visit.