How to please a 2 year old princess?

Started by Mrsya, September 04, 2015, 02:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Making our 4th (and probably last for a while) visit during Oct half term this year and after spending most of our time pleasing our 5 year old Star Wars fanatic, it's now time to think about dedicating some time to princessy things as our daughter is 2 now and absolutely adores Snow White, frozen, Cinderella and Sofia the first.

I have to be honest in that we haven't really spent a lot of time in fantasyland (only for IASW) and am only vaguely aware of being able to meet princesses.

What are my princess type must dos with a 2 year old (and a 5 year old boy!)??

stifle

Depends on how much you're wishing to spend really. I think she might be a bit young to appreciate the princess for a day experience at the Disneyland Hotel. You can meet princesses for free at the Princess Pavilion in Fantasyland, or over a meal at Auberge de Cendrillon (about €67 per adult/€30 per child). She might also like the Pinocchio and Peter Pan rides, for example.

haribosmum

We met Princess Sofia while waiting for Disney Playhouse/Junior show, not sure if she's always there though but go in early.  The dinner with princesses Auberge meal is a great way for them to meet (my daughter was 3 and loved it) but it's not food everyone would like and expensive - are you going with another adult as well as son?  it might be worth just you and daughter booking in? 
The princess pavilion is fantastic but lots of queuing which might be too much for a little one.  you've got snow white ride and all the princesses in the parade.  she'll have a fab time!!!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

never2old

Our daughter loves meeting Princess Sofia in Disney Jr Live, she comes out (with Jake from the Neverland Pirates) about 15 minutes before the start of the show, and they dance with the children; they don't pose for pictures or sign autographs, but I think for the little ones it's a much better experience, simply being with them and dancing along. Our daughter was 2 when we first went, and we've been many times since, she still asks for it (she's now 4). The fact that she's wearing a Princess Sofia dress helps I think, she always seems to get a lot of extra attention ;)

This was the last time we went, in May:

My daughter also loves simply walking around with a princess dress (and getting lots of compliments from the various CM.... ::))

Now that she's a bit older (and has met plenty of characters) she sometimes asks to meet princesses a bit more 1 to 1, but usually she's happy simply to see them in the parade. We did a Disney Cruise in June and she met the princesses almost every day, so I'm not sure what she'll be expecting when we go to the parks next time...

We've never done the Pavillion (queue to long, now they've changed it and you need to get tickets in advance, but by the time we get around there they are always all gone). And we've never done the Auberge because of the price (though I think that we'll try to save up for that sometime soon)

Oh, she also loves walking around the Castle (upstairs in the Gallery), also a must-do!

AlmostThere...

The parade is good, at 2 she might not tolerate the wait for the pavilion (I've been 2 times the first 3 years ago when they did the ticket thing and last year just turn up and wait which was about 2 hours or so... But both needed a lot if queuing really so might not be great). If you can afford it do auberge? I'm planning in taking my daughter next oct when we go as I gather it's a nice setting for meting princesses
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

grace.deal@hotmail.co.uk

Magic on parade is an excellent way to see the princesses! There is normally Snow White, Aurora and Cinderella in carriages at the beginning of parade. Elsa and Anna have their own float, and on the back is Rapunzel with Flynn- we always have good fun watching it and smiling and waving at princesses!

Never done the princess character dining, as of price, but it seems worth while as you are guaranteed to meet 3 princesses, one of their princes, and suzy and pearla (cinderella's 2 mice). However it is french cuisine, not sure how your 2 year old would deal with that!? ;)

Princess pavilion is also a good idea, if you don't mind queuing. The last time i visited (August 2015) we queued up by the mill for a ticket for PP during our magic hours at around 915, and then waited about an hour for the system to officially 'open' and once they started handing out tickets, we only queued for another 10/15 mins!

Disney playhouse will go down well, Sofia and Jake come out before the show and interact with the kids!

I know that Merida is still doing her meet and greet in Frontierland during halloween season!

daddyof2

We're also going in half term, but with a 5 year old princess and a 3 year old boy who thinks Star Wars is for Daddy. We're booked into Auberge De Cendrillon, will see what the queue is like for the Princess Pavilion and we will definitely be doing Disney Junior Live. We didn't do any of these last year.
Fantasyland was our starting location most days, and will be again this year as we'll be using EMH. Our then 2 year old loved all the rides in Fantasyland, so I'm sure your little girl will.