Best places to eat on a budget?

Started by jamieclayton9, September 16, 2015, 12:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dencarter

Some really good suggestions here, but my personal choice would be to avoid Pizza Planet, unless you like eating in school canteens. Great for families with young kids (and I think the fact there are SO many screaming kids is why the furniture is looking particularly rough round the edges), but not so much for adults - although admittedly it IS good value.

My personal preference for budget dining is to put aside some money for a really nice meal on one of your days, such as Walt's, Remy's or any of the other table service restaurant, so you can enjoy a really great dining experience. This will cost you about €45 per person. Then for the rest of your trip the Earl Of Sandwich is good value, as well as the dining places in Val d'europe where you can get decent food for about €10 a go. I also like to buy snacks and take them into the parks for picnics.

On my next trip we're be doing half board plus, bringing some early morning fruit and snacks to eat when we wake up, then hitting the Extra Magic Hours before heading back to the hotel about 10am (Sequoia) for a massive breakfast to fill up 'til we have a big sit down meal in the late afternoon that doubles up as both lunch and dinner. Then, by the time the evening comes around all we need to spend money on is perhaps an emergency donut or cookie, as well as possibly dipping into the snack stash of cereal bars and bananas if needed. It's really possible to get good value dining at DLP, and eat well.

Have a fab trip :-)

littlebitofpixiedust

Great suggestions above but I believe the hidden gem is King ludwigs in Disney village we have been around 30 times since it opened and only 2 years back tried it. If you visit 2-5 it's reasonably quiet service is great the choice, price and quality of foodis in my opinion very good. So good I even did a review on trip advisor and they had many other great reviews too.

Its beautiful inside also and I'm not sure what time but they have a "happy hour" which I'm sure was for 2 hours each day there is a notice out the front. All drinks half price at this time  :)

I can't remember exact pricing but I'm sure it's aroun the €20 mark per person and the portion sizes are good also.

Have a magical time! And the Cheyenne is fantastic theming too.

jamieclayton9

Thank You so much for your help!

You guys are a massive credit to this forum and make me proud being a part of this great community :-)

samuelvictor

Quote from: jamieclayton9 on October 03, 2015, 08:42:32 PM

You guys are a massive credit to this forum and make me proud being a part of this great community :-)

That's nice to hear  :D I know its off topic, but your avatar picture with Jack & Sally - was that at DLRP? We were there last Christmas and there was a meet and greet with Jack but no Sally anywhere to be seen...  :-\

jamieclayton9

Quote from: samuelvictor on October 04, 2015, 05:07:04 PM
Quote from: jamieclayton9 on October 03, 2015, 08:42:32 PM

That's nice to hear  :D I know its off topic, but your avatar picture with Jack & Sally - was that at DLRP? We were there last Christmas and there was a meet and greet with Jack but no Sally anywhere to be seen...  :-\

Hi Samuelvictor

My avatar picture was taken at DLRP in October 2012, during Halloween season. From what I gather Halloween season is the most likely time to see Jack and Sally together at a meet and greet.

They were the best characters we met on that trip. They literally spent about 5 minutes making a fuss over my 3 dd's  ;D

samuelvictor

Aww that's great, thanks for the response.  :D yeah Jack was great with my kids. I hope one day we can go for Halloween  :)