Reserving in advance

Started by onceuponadream, October 01, 2015, 11:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onceuponadream

Just starting to plan for our trip in December and have a few questions! I've searched for a few answers on here but some threads are very old so may be out of date, so I thought I'd just check:

- Is the best way to make dinner reservations to phone rather than email, or would it be better to have written confirmation?
- When they say two months in advance - is that in advance of your arrival date (so could I phone two months before the first day and book every restaurant I want for the whole week, or would I need to ring back every day)?
- Can you book them all at once or do you dial through to a particular restaurant?
- Booking the guided tours - I understand this is booked by email. Are the times rigidly 1pm and 2pm - and do these run every day, or can you request one at any time?
- Would I need to book Cafe Fantasia for afternoon tea or is it fairly easy to just drop in there?
- If you don't reserve/buy a Photopass+ before you go but you meet a character and there's an official photographer, can you buy a Photopass+ after the event and access your photos?
- Do we have any idea when the tree lighting ceremony/parades are in December? I'd quite like to book lunches/dinners so they don't clash with this but am not sure of the times.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the number of questions!

December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: onceuponadream on October 01, 2015, 11:57:40 AM

- Is the best way to make dinner reservations to phone rather than email, or would it be better to have written confirmation?
Disneyland Paris Advance Dining Reservations can only be made over the phone. There is no online Dining Reservation system like they have for the American parks. When you make an ADR over the phone, you give your details and are put on a list. On the day of your reservation, you go to that restaurant, say your name and time and you are ticked off the list. If you want to check , to make sure , you can check at Town Hall or at the restaurant before your reservation time.

- When they say two months in advance - is that in advance of your arrival date (so could I phone two months before the first day and book every restaurant I want for the whole week, or would I need to ring back every day)?
Yes 2 months / 60 days before your arrival date. Yes you can ring and book every restaurant you want for every day of your trip in one phonecall

- Can you book them all at once or do you dial through to a particular restaurant?
You book through a central reservation call centre. You can book them all at once.The restaurants get sent the reservations approx one week in advance. You are not calling the individual restaurants

- Booking the guided tours - I understand this is booked by email. Are the times rigidly 1pm and 2pm - and do these run every day, or can you request one at any time?
Most usually the guided tours are booked through Town Hall when you arrive. The tours are not on every day and are in different languages. You do not request a time. You are told what time and day to meet your guide at Town Hall. I was in DLP Christmas 2013, I went to Town Hall to book a tour. I was told that the English language Tour was not on during my visit. It would be best to email guest services and ask if the tours are on during your visit, what times and in your language.

- Would I need to book Cafe Fantasia for afternoon tea or is it fairly easy to just drop in there?
Disneyland Paris is far more relaxed about resturants than the American parks. Usually resturants in DLP will accept walk ins or reservations made the day before. If you are going during a peak time however, like Christmas Day or summer etc, I would always advise making a reservation. Also if you want to eat at a particular restaurant at a particular time on a particular day, then I would also make a reservation.

- Do we have any idea when the tree lighting ceremony/parades are in December? I'd quite like to book lunches/dinners so they don't clash with this but am not sure of the times.
I was in DLP Christmas 2013, the Christmas Calvacade and tree lighting were around 4pm or 5pm
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

onceuponadream

Unbelievably helpful - thank you so much :). Much appreciated!
December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club