Hotel New York Plaza View Room

Started by bad-pink-tink, September 18, 2015, 09:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bad-pink-tink

I've just booked Hotel New York Plaza View Room for February. Now I'm trying to find out as much info as I can.
So who has stayed in one of these rooms, is there a good or bad side of the hotel ?
Is there a separate entrance to the hotel wings or do you have to always go through the main entrance?
Whats the gym / pool like?
Anything else you can tell me about staying at the Hotel New York?
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

michaelj1973

I've stayed there but on the other side and my view was on the roof of a building so not so great. When I was there the swimming pool was closed so I can't comment about that. I really liked the breakfast as it was quiet and not many children running around. That's all I can tell about this hotel.

MattR

The Main Entrance on the seaside is the closest entrance to the park. We have always stayed in the main building.

Never been to the fitness room and the pool is rather average.

tigger1974

I stayed at the hotel New York for my 40th birthday in November last year (although not in a plaza room) and it was a fantastic stay from start to finish.  The staff are very friendly and always happy to help with any slight problem.  The room I stayed in didn't have the greatest view but if you leaned out of the window you could watch the fireworks during Dreams.
Personally I can't swim so I never actually use the pool but whenever I stay on site I always go and have a look at the pool and, in my humble opinion, the New York pool is the nicest on site (although the Newport Bay's is now very nice too).
I hope you have a fantastic time at the New York when you get there.
TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe