Star Tours

Started by kirstyf, August 01, 2015, 02:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirstyf

Hi we are going to Disney for the 3rd time in October! We have never been on Star Tours before, and I was just wondering whether people think it is suitable for a 6 and 4 year old? They both like Pirates and Phantom Manor, but I wasn't sure what Star Tours is actually like! Thanks x

A&S&O

It's like a flight simulator, watching a star wars themed film.
Your strapped in to a long row of seats and the whole enclosed cabin is thrown around - to simulate space flight.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

bad-pink-tink

Pirates and Phantom Manor are alot more gentle than Star Tours. Basically what A&S&O said. You have a yellow lap strap seat belt and grip handle on the arm rests. All bags , hats etc are placed in mesh storage areas under each seat. It can be very jerky and bumpy with flashing lights and you can get thrown around abit. The queue area has very good Star Wars theming
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

kirstyf

Thanks for the info! Has anyone taken fairly young kids on it? My girls are 6 and 4, and are both above the height restriction. They both like Star Wars, but not sure if the ride would be too scary?

bad-pink-tink

Have a watch of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2dREfvZhqc it is the whole ride, from entering , the quing area and then the actual ride. Only you will know if your kids be ok and not scared getting thrown about in a flight simulator
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

stifle

Yes – my sisters went on it when 7 and 6 and enjoyed it. It is a little scary but only a little – and it is not very long.

tillyjenny

My girls are 5 & 4, it's one of their fave rides at DLP.

evie2002

Just back and my 4 year old loved it :)

kirstyf

chrisvalentine

my 3 and half year old wants to do it when we go back in dec, his stall enough, ill let him do it, if he doesn't like it he wont do it again lol

glenn

I don,t know if star wars ride is still the same as years ago,but my granddaughter
didn't,t like the jerking about so a cast member told me to undo the safety belt
and the jerking stopped on her seat.
That was in 1997 so I don,t know if it still works that way.

samuelvictor

We absolutely love Star Tours - defintiely one of our favourtites. My kids don't do well on rollercoasters, but absolutely love the simulator and don't find it scary. Yes, it's a little jerky but its not that bad and is very short. The pre show atmosphere and the little design touches, along with the film means that any Star Wars fans should love it. Only thing would be if your little ones are particularly affected by motion sickness or high speeds - although you don't actually move, the impression is that you are travelling rpetty fast... (lightspeed? lol)

cazspence

My then 3 year old loved it and went on it 3 times in one day. 👍🏻

littlebitofpixiedust

Took my 7 yr old on it on last trip he has cerebal palsy and other disabilities and functions a lot younger and he absoloutly loved it! I wish I tried him on star tours long before now I cannot believe how much he loved it, I'd try it they might love it too!  ;D