Disappointed!

Started by upinthesky, August 26, 2015, 11:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Harsh reply from DLRPwonders...  :(

Wasn't it only last week another member was told off for berating forum posters for 'not doing their research'... Tut, tut. If we're not careful newbies might never ask anything!

Joey

I completely agree with you! I booked our holiday in February for September too and only in the past two months have I discovered they're closing Pirates, IASW and the Railroad - literally, some of my favourite rides! I was/still am truly gutted and now the holiday just doesn't feel as special as I always associated Pirates as part of my arrival tradition. Of course, there's lots to make up for it and I am by no means saying it will be horrendous, because it won't, but it's just sad that they can't make the announcements earlier.
Next Visit: 2015 - Hotel New York
2013 - Hotel New York
2007 - Hotel New York
2001 - Hotel New York

HildeKitten

I totally agree with you Joey, it's so annoying isn't it.
I booked months ago, checked everything, a few closures were announced and that was that.
In the mean time, one thing after another is going on the closure list for the time of our stay, which is just not cool.
I'm sure we'll have a great time too and I understand that some closures suddenly happen due to circumstances, but these refurb ones really could have been announced a little better.

KimD

I have a similar problem. We booked in december last year and are going in September as well and we were aware of the rumors. But now only recently Indiana Jones and Crush Coaster were also added. I just wished they would split it up a little bit you know. It would be so much better if it had only been one of the two. Because lets face it both are very popular and major attractions. I've never been in the Crush Coaster before and i was actually really looking forward to it.

But as they said, I don't think there is much to be done about it. Though with all the closures it would be nice indeed if they lowered there prices, or at least gave something as a compensation.

HildeKitten

Exactly! I'm wondering what else will be added on the list between now and the date of my trip at the end of the month. Hopefully nothing.

littlebitofpixiedust

We've found the same issue, going 7-11 oct and more closures added recently. I am a little sad for my son as its his favourite... BUT being a big DLP lover I do understand they're open 365 days a year and there will be closures unannounced until later on some occasions.

The way I look at it as most if our UK theme parks (if not all) close for the winter months meaning they can do refurbishments in this time. Disney doesn't so it's inevitable they do close some rides and attractions even at short notice.

Still going to have a blast and enjoy every magical moment! And make up for it on our next visit when these particular rides are open  :D