What ride would you like to see become a fastpass attraction

Started by Dlrpfan, April 16, 2007, 03:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ailsa

For some reason I have never had to queue for Pirates! My mum wants a fast pass for it's a small world!

swity

I agree with that...We always have to wait only a few minutes at pirates of the caribbean...It has never been really busy there....

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "ailsa"For some reason I have never had to queue for Pirates! My mum wants a fast pass for it's a small world!
hehe u do at DLC :D the line there was streching from the golden horshowe at one point and went all the way over to the shops of NOS
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

disney_dudette

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I think they should get rid of fastpass altogether.  It has made the park feel more crowded, and unless there is a cast member at the merge points, it is a really unpleasant experience trying to keep your group together.  

No thanks, get rid of it.

I also thinkprtly the same as on the fast passes you have to push your way into the line, When I went on Buzzzlightyears
Lazer Blast, No one would let us through and we have to all stay together!

And on Big Thunder Moutain, loads of people were trying to get in line from the fast pass lane!!! I got nocked over loads of times and almos crushed by other people... :tink:
Rember...
Dreams can come true, with:
Faith, Trust and alittle bit of Pixie Dust

speedpacket

I agree that they urgently need to look into how they can better organise the guest flow at the entrance of the fastpass queue...

For instance - I hate it when people come to the entrance 20 minutes or even longer before they can actually enter.  I have never understood why they do it, as all they do is block the entrance for people that do actually have a valid fastpass ticket.

As far as I'm concerned, Disney should make them leave the queue if they do not own a valid ticket by making some kind of "circular" flow...

Trying to explain what I mean with the BTM queue; guests enter that queue, and when they arrive at the CM, they should be made to exit the queue the other way (where you normally turn left and give your ticket to the cast member, they should make you go right, and exit that way again, so you hae to queue again through the normal entrance).  that way, the entrance wouldn't be blocked, and you get a circular movement.

I realise some people may not understand and be angry about it, but the info on the ticket should make it clear that they will be refused and will have to requeue if they enter too early...

Space Mountain somtimes really is incredible - I don't like to queuejump at all, but if you go to the fastpass lane, and see that everyone in front of you is holding tickets that are simply not valid yet, you actually have to try and get to the cast member so you may actually enter...

Really - I think fastpass is a good system alltogether, but due to the abuse (people knowing the system too well, and getting tickets for all the attractions in the morning, leaving first time visitors that often didn't realise the service was there with no tickets at all), it became a bit unpleasant for these new guests...  And shouldn't Dsney be trying to make their first experience an unforgettable one, so they wll return in stead of leaving them with friustration?

The recent changes to the system where you can only have one ticket overall is a good change.  Then again, expecially on BTM, I often see castmembers distributing tickets manually in stead of havihng guests register their entrance ticket...  So there goes the great system again...

Bottom line is it's always going to be difficult to implement such a service.  On the other hand, if they got rid of the system alltogether indeed, queueing times on the attractions wouldn't be too bad really; BTMs queueing time would be half as long, as they then have two platforms available again for the regular queues...

Just not sure myself what would be the best solution.

Cheers,
David.
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

disneyfanatic

Definitly Crush's Coaster should have a FastPass- hope they decide to do that soon!

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "djdisney1"pirates of the caribbean as sometimes the queues there are really long, but when it isn't you can have lots of go's on the ride  :D

i have never been on POTC with a que, every time i have been on it has been almost walk on
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Riebi

After this masses: Crush´s coaster?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

giorgio1712

I think Crush's Coaster definately deserves a fastpass, as does POTC, one is a very popular rollercoaster suitable for many ages (like BTM) and the other is just a fantastically themed ride, both very popular!

TowMater

I agree with the top and also I should want to have Cars Race Rally to have fastpass since both Crush's Coaster and Cars Race Rally has big queues.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

disneyfanatic

Actually I didn't think Car's line was longer than 30 minutes each time we went by it and we always walk right up to POTC

dlrp-mad

I've never seemed to have had a problem with queueing at POTC. Its always been pretty slick and smooth and there's always someone entertaining you in the queue.

Maybe phantom manor should have a fastpass system on really busy days, but to be honest I don't think it's that bad. The park seem to have a good grasp on the fast pass system at the moment.

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

giorgio1712

Quote from: "dlrp-mad"I've never seemed to have had a problem with queueing at POTC. Its always been pretty slick and smooth and there's always someone entertaining you in the queue.

Maybe phantom manor should have a fastpass system on really busy days, but to be honest I don't think it's that bad. The park seem to have a good grasp on the fast pass system at the moment.

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

Yer I agree however sometimes when its really busy the fastpasses for BTM for example are all gone by lunchtime?!

Nicholas-c

they should open a fastpass for the peter pan fastpass :P that always seems to be filled by lunch time maximum

i agree with what people are saying about phantom manor
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Masamune

:o Crush's Coaster definatly needs a FastPass. We had to que up for about an hour for Crush yesterday. :P It was worth it of course, but I would've liked to have ridden it more than once without taking a 2 hour chunk out of my day.