Too many closures at the same time

Started by BaileySadie, August 16, 2015, 12:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneylove

Exactly. It doesn't stop me from going in the slightest, I havent actually booked anything yet because I'm waiting on some deals coming through. But I'm still going, doesn't mean I can't be slightly disappointed.

HildeKitten

It's different for everyone isn't it and that's ok. Some won't be bothered by closures and that's great for them. But I can totally see how it puts others off, I know I find it very off-putting, because I primarily do go for the rides.

That said, sometimes DLP doesn't list a closure and you book, and then you find out.
Like today I rang to book Plaza Gardens for our stay, only to be told the restaurant is closed whilst the closure isn't listed.
So a head's up: Plaza Gardens is closed from September 21st - 30th.
At least that's what I was told by the person I was talking to on the phone. Well she said it reopens in October, so I'm assuming that's October 1st. She did say closure starts at September 21.

BaileySadie

Thank you so much everyone for your messages of support. So nice to see the Disney spirit in so many of you!  :-*

Puffin

may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

pasxalis1987

Quote from: BaileySadie on August 18, 2015, 05:22:44 PM
Thank you so much everyone for your messages of support. So nice to see the Disney spirit in so many of you!  :-*

God i love Disney :'-(
I still remember the first time i got there (I was 26 years old).
When i arrive at Disneyland Hotel my eyes where blinking.
When i arrive at the entrance of the park, i just wanted to run inside the park!!!!
And when i step a foot on the Main street......God i was crying!!!!!
.....oh the memories....  :D

Anthony

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on August 16, 2015, 12:03:41 PM
Quote from: BaileySadie on August 16, 2015, 12:41:17 AM
I'm really upset to see that there are some major attractions closed in February when I am going. It doesn't seem right that we book it and then find out that BTM, Peter Pan, Animagique are all closed. To top it off, we are staying at the Cheyenne, and that's being refurbished while we are there too!  It's a good job we adore Disney

Did you not do any research BEFORE you booked? A simple Google search BEFORE you book will bring up the details of the closures and the hotel refurbs. It is up to you to plan and research your trip and to be aware of what is going on in the park. It is not Disney's fault that you booked during a time when they are doing well publicised closures and refurbs! It is your fault for booking during the off peak season without checking to see what would be closed.
This really seems a bit of a stern response from you bad-pink-tink, especially to a newcomer, even if it wasn't meant that way. I'm sure this won't be last time in the next couple of years that we have new members joining the forum frustrated about having their visits interrupted by the closures, so hopefully we won't have this unnecessary "well you should have known" attitude each time.

After all, since DLP now allows bookings up to almost two years ahead (2016 could be booked earlier this year), and the "Experience Enhancement Plan" closures were really only confirmed just two months ago, it's perfectly reasonable that someone could have booked a trip for next February some time ago in good faith knowing nothing about the closures ahead. Yes, if you visit in "off-season" you're more likely to see more things closed than peak summer holidays or Christmas, but it has never been to this extent.

Anyone booking now the announcements have been made should have a good idea of what to expect though, that is if DLP actually point them to the closure schedule at the time of booking... Do they? Will they? It's fairly hidden on the official website. For all the excitement about the upgrades from us fans, I worry DLP have an unhappy 18 months ahead with their millions of other visitors...