Walt's or Bistrot Chez Remy?

Started by jwswarens, April 05, 2015, 02:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwswarens

We will be visiting DLP in July. We wanted to make reservations or at least one table service restaurant during our 3 day visit. I'm interested to know if you think we should choose Walt's or Bistrot Chez Remy?

DisneyRon

Walt's is certainly an interesting restaurant with lovely theming (4 different dining rooms, each with a distinct theme) and very nice food (have eaten there twice now), however, if you are going with kids I imagine they'll find the décor at Chez Remy more fun. :D
Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to eat at Chez Remy, so I can't say anything about the food, but I've certainly heard a lot of good things. :)

DLPWonders (Banned)

Bistro Chez Remy, hands down!
That together with Blue Lagoon is by fat my favourite restaurant at the resort.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Queen Elsa

Bistrot chez Remy is amazing food! The service was a bit slow while we were there but it was worth the wait as it was delicious! Unfortunately we didn't try Walts as it was closed most of the time we were there x

stecal

Hi we didn't try walts but i really liked chez remy, my kids weren't too keen on their meatballs as they said they were too dry (i tasted 1 and it was ok to me) but the steak was great and the tiramisu was delicious would definitely go back.

daddyof2

I like Walt's but agree it's not the perfect restaurant for young children

jwswarens

Your responses are great! We will not have small children; it is actually a group of 8 adults. I think I may go with Walt's as the atmosphere may suit us better. I was choosing between these two because Walt's is the most-discussed on the internet and Remy is the newest. Maybe we should skip these and do another altogether?

Queen Elsa

I would definitely recommend Bistrot Chez Remy though, even as a group of adults! The food is gorgeous x

daddyof2

I must qualify my previous answer with the fact that I've only been to Walt's once, and that was back in 2002. However, the food was delicious and you can still book for a meal during parade times and watch from the restaurant

essexmum

We did Chez Remy and found the food awful.  My steak was over cooked and was so chewy I couldn't eat it.  My daughter had the meatballs and said they were tasteless.   Not impressed at all considering the price.

mdw

hi, does anyone know if you get a drink at chez remy with plus vouchers please?

MattR

Foodwise Walt´s Remys is better themed.

Actually I was kind of disappointed the one time I ate at Remys. I had the steak which wasn´t really good. On the other hand everything at Walt´s was delicious.

stifle

Quote from: mdw on August 13, 2015, 05:12:41 PM
hi, does anyone know if you get a drink at chez remy with plus vouchers please?

Yes you do (soft drink or water).

macca1476

Both are really good, the theming in Remy is awesome but the food is better in Walts.