a tad rusty-first visit in 10 years!

Started by efh2015, August 14, 2015, 03:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

efh2015

excited may be a little bit of an understatement! we arrive around lunchtime on day 1, so plan is to chuck bags into hotel room (staying at the cheyenne) then head to the parks, watch the parade that first evening and do some of the smaller rides. up for EMH the next morning, do all the rides in the main park and watch the dreams show, then do crush's coaster and the ratatouille ride in the studios park the next day before our flights back in the evening.
question about fastpasses-are they really worth it?! i've never been too fond of always checking my watch/trying to calculate times and dread getting stuck in one ride queue while unable to get back for the FP slot, and wasting it! we always used to scarper over to peter pan's flight (which we hope to do with the emh) then big thunder mountain right at the rope drop, and those are the only 2 rides in the main park that we want to do. might be more tempted to get a FP straight away for the remy ride then go to the single rider's line at crush's coaster.
any recommendations for where to eat or general park tips? thanks!  :D

stifle

Whilst the FastPasses are notionally issued for a 30-minute slot, they will usually be accepted later than the slot end time as long as things are not massively overcrowded.

mdw

sorry to gate crash but sort of along the same lines....... are fast passes available all day or are they usually gone early?......we arrive at lunchtime, am i likely to get fastpasses for the remy ride if i go straight there?

DisneyRon

Fast-pass numbers are limited, and for popular attractions they'll run out pretty quickly.

Not sure how FP availability for Ratatouille is, as it has a pretty high capacity on its own, but I assume they run out fairly fast. The Single-rider line is always an option, as that's usually a fair bit shorter than the primary wait. ;)

mdw

ok thanx. we are a family of four, including a 6 and 8 yr old so single rider isnt an option. Will swap some days around or join a huge queue with lots of snacks

stifle

Most days I have been there the Ratatouille FastPasses are finished by mid-afternoon.