Full Board Premium

Started by Karen101, August 20, 2015, 04:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen101

Hi Guys

just wanted some opinions on getting the full board premium... i was going to book premium anyway since we want to do inventions and Cinderella and some of the other high end stuff so it makes more sense...

we are staying in the Disneyland hotel so i know the buffet breakfast is good ... but i was wondering if for the extra it would be better just to go full board and not worry about having to had over cash for any food...

i will be traveling with a diabetic who needs to eat a certain amount of carbs at lunch so just snarfing some bread from breakfast is not an option .. any ideas would be welcomed...

DisneyRon

I've had Full Board Premium on my last visit (Stayed at the DLH too), and it's certainly convenient, no money at all to worry about. Everything is covered à la carte (with the exception of the California Grill where you'll be offered a limited Set Menu). You can do Buffalo Bill's Show too one night, which in my opinion is certainly worth it. The food is relatively simple Western Fare (rather filling though), it's the show that's the main attraction, and it is rather spectacular. :)

Though in order to get anything approaching value out of the cost you would need to do about 2 Table-Service meals per day. ;)

As I travelled by myself this was perfectly fine, but I don't think many children would appreciate an hour long (minimum) break in the middle of the day for lunch.
However, doing lunch at Auberge de Cendrillon with the princesses should placate them most of the time. ;D

stifle

As mentioned above, it is difficult to get value for money from full board premium unless you want to use the top end restaurants twice a day. For me it would be too much to fit in.

DisneyRon

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention, though it may well have been a one off experience.

It is possible that you'll encounter resistance using your Premium Vouchers for Counter Service meals.
One day I decided to have lunch at Hakuna Matata, and my total order came down to less than half the value of the voucher, and I had to put in a fair amount of effort to convince the CM to accept the thing, as odd as that may sound.

She did accept it eventually, but with obvious reluctance. :)

Karen101

hmmmm there is a lot to ponder!

thanks for your input .... we are going in July so the parks are open for long days so i was thinking an hour to chill for lunch about 1 or 2 and then not having dinner till about 8 or 8.30 ... that's like 6 hours between ... it might work :)

this holiday is a treat for my mother as well as my daughter so i know if we have to pay for any meals out she will be trying to put her hand in her pocket :)

we can always go back and do inventions in the evenings as we are staying in the Disneyland hotel ... so much to try and decide on!

efh2015

It's really hard to get full value for money with the premium vouchers as said above. If you're staying in the DLH and get the buffet breakfast, you may only want snacks/quick service for the rest of the day! It might be better value to go for the lower tier of dining plan and pay for a character meal. Our family friends went and had the premium dining plan; said it was wasted on the kids who didn't want to do 'sit down' meals at all and happily subsisted off snacks for 4 days!

stifle

If you're only planning on doing an hour for lunch my suggestion would be half board premium (and use California Grill, Inventions, Auberge de Cendrillon, etc. by voucher) and then buy lunch from counter service restaurants. Or if you're going to have lunch at Bistrot Chez Rémy, have an Earl of Sandwich in the evening.

Karen101

thanks for all your help guys!

we settled on Full Board Plus ... and are just going to pay the extras one night for Inventions :)

thanks so much for all the advice!!!!