Pregnancy tips for DLP

Started by dannyandzoe, November 08, 2015, 08:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyandzoe

Hi everyone,

Il be visiting DLP 19th-23rd November when il be 20 weeks pregnant.  Il be visiting with my husband and 3 year.  We won't be going on any big rides, only those suitable for my 3 year old.  I've read the rides that are suitable for pregnant ladies, but going to try and get on the rides such as Peter Pan. I've read somewhere you can get a pink pass which allows you +1 other to queue in the disabled queue, does that mean you miss the long lines?

Does anyone have any tips for visiting whilst pregnant?

Thank you 😄

lovindisney87

I went last year when I was 28 weeks pregnant and although I wasn't very big I found the peter pan ride was a little tight when the bar came down and was very paranoid about all the jolting about and the bar hitting me so after I had done it once I didn't go on again, also gave snow white and Pinocchio a miss too. I stuck to the small rides, ie small world, buzz lightyear lazer blast, dumbo, aladdins flying carpets. I gave teacups a miss but mainly because i am not very good with the spinning anyway. Luckily we went in the January so it was very quiet and meant dh could take our other 2 on the rides without me having to wait too much.
I am not going to lie it was very tiring all the walking around and being up on my feet constantly so we found the shows in the studios good for a break just to sit for a while. I don't know anything about a pass as I didn't use one I am afraid so cant help you there.
But my main advice would be regular sit down breaks even if just for a drink or something, comfortable shoes and if you want to try the peter pan ride or snow white or Pinocchio rides, start with the peter pan one as you will be able to see how much room you will have with the bar and them you can see how comfortable your going to be on them. Some people hardly show at 20 weeks so hopefully you will be ok.
Hope you have a fantastic time and congratulations on the baby xxx
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

Zee79

My sister in law went when she was pregnant & even with the pass she was often made to queue in the normal line & often told she couldn't ride many of the children's rides, I think it depends on the cast member. Stand your ground if it is a ride that is suitable for pregnancy & you have no problems. Have plenty of rest & plenty to drink.

NCC1701Q

You can get an Easy Access Card (EAC) from City Hall (or BPA if you have annual passes). Take a letter from your doctor with you to avoid discussion with a Cast Member.
With the EAC you can enter most attractions through the exit. Once the EAC is approved, CM's at attractions should just accept it. Some attractions are not suited for pregnant woman, you get a disability guide with the EAC that shows all suitable attractions. If a CM tells you you're not allowed and the guide says you can enter, show them the guide.
With the EAC you can also access the disability-area when watching Disney Dreams!, but it is not valid at parades. You can also use it at character meets: present the card at the CM, and you get a return time (much like a FastPass but with a specific time, not a timeframe of half an hour). That avoids standing too long in line, but does not give you immediate access.

haribosmum

I went at 30 weeks pregnant with an absolutely huge bump!  Was my 6th time so knew what to expect (Disney not prganancy ).  As I walked into the park and picked up a park map, a lovely cast member literally ran to me to make sure I was aware of the Easy Access Card and to tell me I wouldn't need to queue.  The disable guide on the Disney website details pregnancy https://brochure.disneylandparis.com/HCP/UK/catalogue/index.html

I didn't try to get on anything not recommended in pregnancy as had too big a bump!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

twentythingamabobs

Congratulations on baby!

Just a note to say when we visited in April this year, my friend went and got a "pregnant pass" and it was not valid for the parade or for Dreams.

glenn

Please make sure you tell your holiday insurance company that you are pregnant,because if you have to
make a claim for anything that isn't,t connected with your pregnancy they won,t pay out.
My niece went last year,fell and broke her arm and the insurance company would pay her out
because she hadn't,t informed them that she was pregnant .She was only 3months gone.

dannyandzoe

Thank you everyone - all really helpful 😄 xx