Is there likely to be a new offer on soon?

Started by izzysfirstdisney, July 25, 2015, 11:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

izzysfirstdisney

Hiya all,

Unexpectedly got a free week to take in Sep or Oct so thought would treat the OH to a surprise Disney trip

However, the costs seem on the high side for an off peak time of year with Cheyenne for example coming up at over £1100 for 4 nights

Is there normally a deal that comes up after the summer hols as will try and delay if so as not sure I can justify over £1000 + travel for it otherwise

tillyjenny

The french site has a flash sale on at the moment, 35% off certain hotels for certain dates up to 30/9/15, book by 23.59hrs 29th July http://bit.ly/1IkkPJb

Try also looking at the netherlands site, the irish site, they have offers on inc free half board & 20% off but by paying in euros you get it far cheaper, we saved £100's on our halloween booking going via the netherlands site.

Komble

Have you tried looking at Hotels.com? Might be worth a browse as some of their rates include tickets.

HildeKitten

I would suggest to check back regularly, a deal may still pop up.
Alternatively maybe you can look at the offsite hotels for better prices.

Northwest Passage

Quote from: tillyjenny on July 25, 2015, 12:16:09 PM
The french site has a flash sale on at the moment, 35% off certain hotels for certain dates up to 30/9/15, book by 23.59hrs 29th July http://bit.ly/1IkkPJb

Try also looking at the netherlands site, the irish site, they have offers on inc free half board & 20% off but by paying in euros you get it far cheaper, we saved £100's on our halloween booking going via the netherlands site.
Was it easy booking via the Netherlands site, do you need to use a credit card with a Netherlands address and I take it any communication from them would be in Dutch ?

For the savings involved I could put up with having to use Google Translate  ;)

HildeKitten

I've read a lot of comments from people using another country's website, so I imagine that you don't need a credit card registered in that country?
I'm not sure about language though, but most Dutch speaking people speak English pretty well, so I think that should be alright.

stifle

I've previously used the Irish and French sites with foreign cards, no problem whatsoever.

tillyjenny

Quote from: Northwest Passage on July 30, 2015, 05:16:54 PM
Quote from: tillyjenny on July 25, 2015, 12:16:09 PM

Was it easy booking via the Netherlands site, do you need to use a credit card with a Netherlands address and I take it any communication from them would be in Dutch ?

For the savings involved I could put up with having to use Google Translate  ;)

We used our Barclays debit when we booked via the french site & our halifax clarity card when we booked through the nl site, no problems at all, you don't need a netherlands address, if booking online the country will always default to that countries site, so just leave it at that, but put your normal address in the other boxes & add uk after your town.
If booking by phone, ring central res & ask for the nl crossover deal.
All emails come through in Dutch, but we used google translate to double check everything.