First and last days

Started by andrewuk, August 14, 2015, 11:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

Does anyone else find that the first and especially last days of the trip feel a bit different to the others and not quite as magical?  Do you have any tips or traditions that help to boost the magic at these times?

We found that making cinemagique the last attraction was a good one
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

NCC1701Q

We let the kids choose the first attraction on the first day, but it's always in the Disneyland Park, never in the Studios. Usually it's BTM or PotC.
The last day is usually the day we leave for home, so the "last" day is the day before. That almost everytime ends shopping, because the kids have been looking at stuff the whole trip and finally are ready to decide what they want to buy. There is no "traditional" last attraction for us.

Slimy yet satisfying

When we arrive ask someone to take a family photo at the arch beside the station with main street in the background...and then I cry!
When we leave we get someone to take a family photo in the same place with us waving bye...then I cry...again!!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

DisneyRon

Both times I've been I had Lunch at Walt's on my last afternoon. Good memories. :D

As for my first day... I don't think I've done anything special. Just a lovely walk up Main street after dropping off my luggage. :)

Puffin

We start each day with a nice Starbucks drink in Disney Village because the coffee at breakfast in the hotels isn't that wow. We don't have a real ritual for the last day, except for trying to stay as long as possible before leaving. :)
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

DisneyChris11

We went to Cinemagique on the last day and it is a nice attraction to round the trip off.
First park definitely has to be Disneyland Park to me, And I think Walt Disney Studios is a nice park to spend the last few hours in before you go home.

HildeKitten

I often go for just one day so I don't feel like short(er) days are less magical :)
When I am staying longer its generally just for two days, so yeah, same thing :)

We just make sure to check in on time so we get the most out of the first day, and the second day we like to close with some shopping, so we don't have to carry loads of bags around for a long time and I know what I want to buy (I like to have a look in shops and then decide what to get towards the end of the trip ^^).