Eurostar baggage allowance

Started by catflap, July 21, 2015, 08:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catflap

Not travelled on Eurostar for years and I am presuming there is a baggage allowance but what is it ? 2 adults and 2 children ( 6 and 8 )  travelling. Booked with Thomas Cook when can I expect my tickets to arrive and will we be sat together on train have read somewhere possibly not ?

stifle

Eurostar baggage allowance per passenger is two items up to 85cm long in their longest dimension, plus one small personal item of hand baggage. If you're travelling to Marne-la-Vallée you are not able to use the registered baggage service for excess items. There is no maximum weight, as long as you can carry your baggage yourself.

Eurostar tickets are usually e-tickets these days so they should come by email. I would suggest you contact Thomas Cook regarding same – but if you've booked more than six months ahead you'll need to wait a little while before they are issued.

catflap

Travelling middle of next month, should I chase them up or am I panicking because this is all new to me ! ! !

andrewuk

We had the big physical tickets (we booked through Disney) and they arrived a few weeks before. Strangely, with the print your own ticket you can check in automatically, but with the physical one you have to be checked by a member of staff!
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

stifle

Quote from: catflap on July 21, 2015, 10:50:28 PM
Travelling middle of next month, should I chase them up or am I panicking because this is all new to me ! ! !

Per above, give Thomas Cook a ring, it'll set your mind at ease.

HildeKitten

Please don't panic, I'm sure everything will be fine.
But if you want to set your mind at ease, giving them a ring is definitely a good idea.
Whenever I booked the Eurostar via a travel agent to go to London and back, I was always seated with the other people I was traveling with, so I would be VERY surprised if you weren't sitting with the rest of your family. I can't imagine them splitting you up, and I definitely can't imagine they'd split up a family with kids.
Ok they might give you two two seating places instead of a 4 person arrangement (in which case you'll be sitting behind each other, or maybe accross from the aisle), as there aren't many of those, but it won't be a case of you guys being spread out over several carriages or some such I imagine.

TappyFish

Hi catflap.

Do you have the booking reference number for your Eurostar tickets? If you do, you can visit their website and actually choose your seats! My fiancée and I have done this for our November trip. If you just want to ensure that your family is seated together then any seats will do, however, if you want to be a bit more picky (such as choosing the side of the train that you're on, the direction that you will be facing or perhaps you'd prefer a table set) then browsing through the remaining available seats will benefit you.

If you want to have a look, the website address is: https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/manage-booking

Remember though, you will need your booking reference number. We booked our holiday with Thomas Cook, however I booked our Eurostar tickets separately to save money, so not sure if you will have it. If you don't but are interested, contact your local Thomas Cook and ask for it.

Hope this helps somewhat ;)

~TappyFish~