Premium meal plan

Started by Cathryn, June 29, 2015, 02:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cathryn

Is it worth the price? We are thinking if going next feb and booking Santa Fe instead if HNY so we can afford a better meal plan.

DisneyRon

Half-board or Full-board? ;)

Half-board is probably worth it for most in my opinion. You have all the freedom in the world to pick your restaurants for dinner, and you can do a cheaper quick service meal for lunch.
And the Plus (where you eat à la carte) and Premium restaurants are all rather good in my opinion.

I'm a sucker for good food, so I love the full-board premium plan, but in order to make that worth the cost you're going to need to eat at a table-service restaurant twice per day. :)
The value per coupon is quite large, so it's basically a waste using them for quick service food (unless you use 1 coupon for 2 people, but the CM needs to be OK with you doing that).

Cathryn

Probably half board wouldn't manage two big meals a day

DisneyRon

Quote from: Cathryn on June 29, 2015, 04:47:36 PM
Probably half board wouldn't manage two big meals a day

Then I'd say go for it. :D
You eat à la carte at all the Plus plan restaurants (Chez Remy also has a Premium Menu).
You can do all the character restaurants (Inventions, Café Mickey, L'Auberge de Cendrillon)
Go to the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show.
Or eat at the California Grill (a set menu, or à la carte for an additional payment)

All the choice you could ever want. :)

Cathryn

We mainly wanted it for buffalo bills and the princess dining so then virtually pays for itself if we do those two plus inventions and one other meal. X

DisneyRon

Quote from: Cathryn on June 29, 2015, 05:55:33 PM
We mainly wanted it for buffalo bills and the princess dining so then virtually pays for itself if we do those two plus inventions and one other meal. X

Don't give the California Grill a miss I'd say. :D
There's a recent thread that shows what the menu is like currently, and it has a great atmosphere. :)

stifle

I had full board plus on a two night stay so 4 vouchers for 3 days. The day we used 2 vouchers I felt really stuffed and didn't enjoy the second meal (Parkside Diner) so much. Therefore I heartily suggest half board.

The Premium vouchers are best used in Inventions, California Grill, Auberge de Cendrillon, and Buffalo Bill. In the foregoing (except Inventions) as well as in Bistrot Chez Rémy, you'll be offered a set menu; anywhere else you can have whatever you like from the buffet or menu as the case may be.

solo_beckett

We're doing premium half board. We're planning on Auberge, Chez Remy, Inventions, Walt's.  With a hot breakfast every day / afternoon snacks and the pause gourmande I don't think I'd fit anot her bite in.

abismummy

Can you book Buffalo Bills in advance if you have vouchers? And do you get the cheaper seats?

DisneyRon

Quote from: abismummy on July 14, 2015, 12:29:37 AM
Can you book Buffalo Bills in advance if you have vouchers? And do you get the cheaper seats?

Book Buffalo Bills in advance just like you normally would, no trouble at all with vouchers, and indeed the seating is category 2, so the cheaper seats. :) You can upgrade to category 1 for a fee if you wish.