Explorer hotel

Started by gemmasteele84, July 08, 2015, 08:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemmasteele84

Has anyone ever stayed here? First time going to disney and not staying in a disney hotel so a bit wary :\

Komble

I stayed there quite a few years ago and thought it was lovely - it didn't feel too far away at all with the shuttle bus.

The room was clean and the staff were lovely and accommodating - they even set us up with a free ride to the DLH for our last night (we booked to stay in the DLH on Halloween for easy Halloween party access)

I considered staying there for our Feb 2016 trip but the Santa Fe hotel came up cheaper in the end. My boyfriend loved the look of the pool though, haha!

I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you stay there - I hope this helps!

gemmasteele84

Thanks so much! We're going at halloween too but missing the party, think the kids would be a bit scared lol

cinderella

I've stayed there multiple times!
Some people say you lose the Disney spirit while staying off site, but I never felt that way when staying at this hotel!
The hotel's staff is lovely and very kind and helpful. There's a small Disney boutique inside the hotel as well which really makes you feel like you're at Disney!
The rooms are quite big and very clean.
We always love having breakfast there; it's quite varied!
The only negative thing about this hotel are its shuttle busses. When we stayed there the busses were extremely delayed (like one bus in one hour), so that was a bit of a downer.
But other than that it's my favorite hotel to stay at when I go to Disney!

Oh, and a tip: there's this restaurant next to the breakfast room where you can buy pizza. They were really good!!!!

Anyways, I'm sure you'll have an absolute lovely and magical time while you're there!
Have courage and be kind.

samuelvictor

Our last trip to DLRP was luxouriously long, and we had the fun/privalidge of staying in three hotels during our trip, the Cheyenne, the Adagio Apparthotel, and the Exporers' hotel. We were very lucky to explore all these new places which we had not stayed before! ;D

I've got to say, the Explorers' hotel made a BIG impression on our whole family, and is the best hotel we've stayed in for a Disney holiday. The themeing of the whole hotel is amazing, so much to see and explore and photos can't really do it justice - you just have to kind of discover stuff for yourself. Even the initial entrance hall area is breathtakingly lavish and feels more expensive and premium than the price we paid for the hotel.

The pool is fantastic - the waterslides, pirate ship etc are really cool, but there is also plenty of space for those who want to swim "properly". Its a really smart design.

There is a really cool official Disney & DLRP merch shop, much better stocked and themed than the shops at the Cheyenne and Santa Fe, and there are good offers and prices.

Also really cool is the XD/6D cinema, which costs 5 euros a head, but in my opinion is worth it. The 3d is brilliant, and the 4d elements work really well - definitely the best version of this type of thing I've used.

The room was a decent size, nicely decorated and with decent upkeep. All was clean and as expected. No Disney/Sophie on the TV, but that's the only negative I can think of.

The breakfast in the morning is also a step up from the basic breakfasts at the Santa Fe and Cheyenne. Yes its still continental only but there is a wide variety of fresh fruits, choice of breads, real (not plasticy) cheese, premium yoghurts etc which is definitely a welcome bonus.

Only real disadvantage is the lack of EMH, and the fact that you pretty much have to use the shuttle busses (when we stay in Disney itself we prefer to walk).

I don't think you'll be dissapointed or feel in any way "out" of the Disney experience, it is a truly magical place with great attention to detail, lots to discover, and a real Disney flavour. We'd definitely like to stay there again  :D

gemmasteele84

Thank you all so much! Even more excited now lol

georgia98x

Hi!
I stayed at the explorer hotel a few years back and it was honestly amazing for a non-Disney hotel. The theming was fantastic - all pirate based. The rooms themselves were lovely and bright, incredibly clean, towels created in the shape of swans and nautical themed bedding etc.

There is a good sized swimming pool available which is mainly aimed at children due to the play area within the pool but that's not to say adults can't enjoy a nice relaxing dip!

There is a small boutique Disney shop within the hotel and whilst small, it certainly holds Disney essentials -small plushies, autograph books, ears and sweets - perfect for those last minute souvenirs If you forget to pick them up from DLP!

The shuttle buses are regular, usually every 15 minutes and unlike the unfortunate person below, I never had a bad experience with these. Very convenient and free, necessary though as you could not walk to the parks from there.

One of the highlights for me of this trip was the pizzeria within the hotel. Pizza's from there are rather expensive at around 12euros per pizza, though makes a lovely late night snack when you return back to the hotel - particularly tucking up in bed and enjoying one!

Trust me, you will have a fabulous time. This hotel is one of the best I've stayed in. We were going to book there for January next year but due to the offers with Disney the Santa Fe ended up being cheaper.

Have a magical holiday!

samuelvictor

Glad its not just us then - we were genuinely surpised with how great this hotel was :) Loved it, hope to stay there again someday soon :D

GAVINSM

We have booked in at this Hotel in October Half-term, glad to hear good reviews on it.  When is the Halloween Party? As we have Dream AP.