Marriott Transport Ideas

Started by TinkSassy, June 19, 2015, 05:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkSassy

I understand that the Metro takes about 20 minutes to get to DLP from this resort and the shuttle they offer costs double the amount.  Then I plan on going into Paris 5 days of my trip.  So 45 more minutes by RER.  So need advice. 

Does it make sense to hire a car to get back and forth - then park in the city and take Metro from there?  Is the drive just as long as the train with morning traffic?  If the time is about the same I can handle the trains - just don't want to waste time unnecessarily.

stifle

The Metro doesn't go anywhere near DLP and parking in central Paris is going to be way more expensive.

Which Marriott are you staying in? The Village Île de France?

DisneyRon

Quote from: stifle on June 19, 2015, 06:46:05 PM
The Metro doesn't go anywhere near DLP and parking in central Paris is going to be way more expensive.

Which Marriott are you staying in? The Village Île de France?

Marne-La-Vallée is technically a Metro station though. ;) And it's right next to DLP.
It's no longer underground, but the RER A is a Metro line. :D

TinkSassy

It is the Marriott Village Île de France

MoragW

We are staying here also when we visit in October but we have hired a car for exactly the same reasons you have  :)

LotsoHugginBear

The real problem is, that this hotel is a bit off the way. If you have a car - no problem!
But without a car it is a 15-20 min walk to the station, where the RER A stops. The train just needs 3-5 minutes to reach DLP. But you have to walk to the station.
If you like to travel to Paris. It's the same, only the ride takes longer (40-45 minutes to the center of Paris).

Ruby Dawn

I've stayed at the Marriott in the past, the designated driver who was supposed to come with us had to drop out at the last minute and none of the rest of us had a car.  We coped by using taxi's and the Marriott shuttle bus service to the Parks and train station.
There was a small charge for the shuttle but timings were restrictive. Taxi fares were not too bad but costs still mounted up.
This was five years ago though, things like the shuttle bus might have changed.

I definitely got the impression is that the Marriott is designed for people bringing a car.

On a different note I have to say it's beautiful accommodation, I loved it there.  :D