Bastille Day - A Day at Disneyland - CROWD ADVICE NEEDED

Started by DisneyManiac, June 23, 2015, 09:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

May be exaggerating here but...

WARNING: HIGH NUMBER OF CROWDS INCOMING, PREPARE TO TAKE EVASIVE MANOURVRES

The Reality: A School Trip to Paris with a stop at DLP on Bastille Day, a FRENCH PUBLIC holiday. It's bad but I am not sure how bad. Any feedback on past experiences are gratefully appreciated.

Also does DLP do anything for Bastille Day?

andrewuk

They used to do big fireworks, don't know if they still do now that Dreams is running (and is better than a firework show anyway).

Usual busy day advice really, do as much as you can in the morning. Afternoon will be insane so use a fastpass or two and otherwise explore/do walkthroughs. Or, WDS may be less busy, so maybe fill the afternoon with shows in WDS and then you should find POTC and PM favourable in the evening.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

thatgirlkatie

I'm curious to this too, I'm taking my girlfriend to DLP for the first time and she can have panic attacks in super crowded places, so I'm a little bit worried.
"To live would be an awfully big adventure" - Peter Pan.

DisneyManiac

Quote from: andrewuk on June 23, 2015, 09:49:44 PM
They used to do big fireworks, don't know if they still do now that Dreams is running (and is better than a firework show anyway).

Usual busy day advice really, do as much as you can in the morning. Afternoon will be insane so use a fastpass or two and otherwise explore/do walkthroughs. Or, WDS may be less busy, so maybe fill the afternoon with shows in WDS and then you should find POTC and PM favourable in the evening.

Thank you for the advice, the thing is that we are limited to ONE park not both. That is decided by a majority vote, so I am leaning more to WDS but I don't know.

Mileto

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

LotsoHugginBear

DisneyRon

Quote from: DisneyManiac on June 24, 2015, 09:13:55 AM

Thank you for the advice, the thing is that we are limited to ONE park not both. That is decided by a majority vote, so I am leaning more to WDS but I don't know.

the thing is, WDS is relatively sparse when it comes to attractions (it has some rather good ones though).
Disneyland park has the vast majority of the attractions, it's also going to be hell in terms of crowds. :(

A very tough decision.

DisneyManiac

I am not sure what park but I think it'll be the main one, Disneyland Park. Anyway I am preparing for the worst...