Buffalo Bills

Started by musicaljojo, June 12, 2015, 11:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicaljojo

Posting on behalf as Jo as she's asleep and I know she's scared to ask the question so I will...I know she will see it when she logs onto the message board but then it's been asked!

I would like to go to Buffallo Bill's one night for dinner, but there's issues stopping us at the moment, Jo hates to think of the animals being treated cruelly (she hides when the grand national is on, because of the horses being hurt or injured.)

Also Jo is a Veggie so would there be anything for her to eat and do we need to mention this when we book?

Are the animals well-treated during the show, e.g they don't look frightened or scared because I know this would worry her.

Basically is it worth the extra money?

Mileto

We are going to try it for first time this winter. Looks real fun!

There is a veggie menu, ask when you book.

I hope and believe they do not torture the animals. Horses and people are so strongly bound to each other.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

polar vixen

It's actually really nice, the buffalo are here in and out, but in true cowboy style, no cruelty, and allot of the show features'native Americans'  they treat their horse really well, serve been a number of times note, and always love it

musicaljojo

Thank you guys for these answers, have made me feel a lot better!

It's all because I read it on trip advisor, BF says I need to stop going on there as it's making worried and not looking forward to the trip..

andlorna

When we stayed at the Hipark in May we walked to the park. One day when we where approaching the back of Buffalo Bills all the horses with riders came out . They where ridding along to a gated area which lead to a field. All the horses looked in fab condition . We stayed for a couple of hours in the park and on our way back we where lucky again to see them this time they where being taken back to their stables.
It was lovely to see we where even allowed to stroke some whilst they where waiting for other horses to come out . Hope that puts her mind at rest , too me they looked like they where treated very well  :)
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

BlackPearl

If you want some back stage info I can recommend the DVD "Les artisans du rĂªve". There is a whole section about the Buffalo Bill show showing the stables, some of the training. It all looks very relaxed and the horses well-treated.
It doesn't spoil to much of the show, so I think it's worth a look. (Found it 2012 on amazone.fr, it's on French with English subtitle)

seraphelle

I'm veggie as is one of my daughters, and we've been twice to Buffalo Bills. We love it. Hope that puts your mind at rest! Food is great, and animals very well treated.  :D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019