Do I have to buy a ticket if I dont get on any rides?

Started by rbell1981, June 16, 2015, 01:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbell1981

I have been trying to find an answer to this one for weeks on various websites and forums etc.  Im not a huge fan of rides in theme parks.  Im travelling in September with my wife and 2 young kids (3YO & 6 months old).  So its not like I could go on the rides with my wife anyway.  Just wondering is there an option where I can pay an entrance fee to just get into the park but doesn't allow me access to rides etc?  My wife loves all that kind of stuff but I can take it or leave it, so just seems a bit of a waste of money if I have to pay approx. £115 for a 2 day park pass to not get on anything.

Thanks

Mileto

No such a chance at all. Entering the park you may go everywhere. There is nobody who can check for such persons at the entrance of each attraction.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

rbell1981

Thanks for your response, at least now I know  :D

Seems a strange one though.  Surely there are people with heart conditions etc that cant go on rides, its a bit unfair on them having to pay full price.

Mileto

Such people can go on many other attractions. It's not only the roller coaster or a ride - there are parades, shows, trains, boats.

I understand it, it's impossible to follow and check such people in the park, as the attractions have no separate entrance, it's organized this way.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Discovery_Mountain

Disney Parks aren't like standard amusement parks where people just go to go on rides, some people may even visit and not go on a single ride as theres so much more to Disney Parks then rides.

Theres the architecture of the parks to take in, parades to watch, characters to meet, shows to watch, walk though attractions to explore, you can also enjoy the transportation attraction such as the Disneyland Railroad, The Riverboats, Main Street Vehicles and loads more too!

Hope you have a fantastic time!

Edit: I do belive the Railroad will be closed for refurbishment in September.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

HildeKitten

Quote from: rbell1981 on June 16, 2015, 02:17:45 PM

Seems a strange one though.  Surely there are people with heart conditions etc that cant go on rides, its a bit unfair on them having to pay full price.

I have a heart condition and I go to Disneyland Paris JUST for the rides.
At theme parks here in Belgium you get whole parks full of rides for little kids that aren't even accessible for adults, and rollercoasters, leaving one or two rides I can go on, which is simply not worth the entrance fee. They also don't have handicapped entrance options like DLP has, so I'd have to go during total low season and hope for the best (if I stand too long I feint, so yeah).

In DLP however, I can go on all rides bar a few rollercoasters, so I actually get value for my money.
Plus thanks to the disability passes, I don't have to stand for the amount of time that would get me in trouble either.
They do a great job in making the parks accessible for people that have health issues.
Ok so the Studios are a little limited for me, but I love seeing the architecture and Animagique.
And the Disneyland Park I can go on everything bar Temple du Peril and Space Mountain (unless I have a bad day, then I can't go on Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates and Star Tours either). That leaves LOADS of rides and things to do.

Like others have said: I can go to shows, walk-throughs, all the rides that aren't rough (the vast majority), meet characters, take photos of the beautiful buildings etc. There is so much to do even if you don't do rides, and I'm sure that once you are there and you're taking it all in with your family, there's a very fair chance you will end up finding it your money's worth :)

A&S&O

Quote from: rbell1981 on June 16, 2015, 02:17:45 PM

Its standard for a lot of theme parks - you pay an entrance fee, then you can go on as many rides as you like. E.G. LEGOLAND, Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Drayton Manor etc. In fact, apart from fairgrounds, I can't think of anywhere now that has free entry but you pay for rides.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Rapunzel1

We went to WDW with our then six month old son. No problem at all. Yes we had to split up but our youngest did go on rides with us. There are rides possible with a baby. He did like the music and the lights. He slept in his stroller and everything was just fine.