Honeymoon 1st March 2016

Started by musicaljojo, June 05, 2015, 07:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicaljojo

We are in the process of looking at all the places for DLP for our honeymoon in March next year. We were looking at maybe the Hotel new york? Hopefully it won't be too busy then as we aren't in peak season yet..

Has anyone recently celebrated a honeymoon in DLP recently? Is there any recommendations for us for places to stay, or special places to eat etc?

My friend went to the Disneyworld in Florida and they said the staff made a fuss of her, gave her a pin for being on honeymoon and such...just wondered if DLP do anything similar? Of course we would mention it when booking...but I really have no idea!

HildeKitten

You should definitely tell them when booking!
I said I was going for my 30th bday when I booked the trip for that occassion (we stayed in the sequoia lodge) and our room was upgraded from a standard one to one in the main buiding with view on lake disney), we were giving a bottle of water and a bottle of champagne (real, not cava) and a lovely rose as a surprise in the room, a well as vip breakfast.
It was such a lovely surprise!
so yeah, mention it :)

vampira

My husband and I went to DLP for our honeymoon (amost two years ago!  ??? ). We stayed off site, and we didn't tell anyone, so we didn't get an upgrade or anything. Maybe we should have done that, but I always feel a little weird mentioning something like that. We had a wonderfull time anyway.
We had dinner at Blue Lagoon and it was amazing. The atmosphere was very romantic and for once we didn't care about the price, I think we had the most expensive menu but it was totally worth it.  ;D
We also had dinner at Agrabah Cafe. It isn't that special, but we just love it.
Other than our dinner at the Blue Lagoon, we didn't do anything different. We just love Disneyland and to be there together as husband and wife was all we needed.  ;)
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

andrewuk

Not recent at all, but we honeymooned there back in 2003. We told them on booking and had a lovely suite to ourselves in Explorers. They also gave us a bottle of wine, some cheeses and a big leaf! Didn't understand that one but it was nicely presented so I just took t to be some quaint French custom!
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne