Ratatouillie ride - please help

Started by me23xx, June 08, 2015, 10:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

me23xx

Hi all.

So im wondering about the ratatouille ride, im not very good with rides and wondered if this is something i could do. Could you maybe liken it to another ride.

Rides ive been on and loved/no issues

Phantom Manor - both DLP
Casey Junior -(for speed)
POTC
Peter pan/pinhoccio/snow white
buzz lightyear

In florida i LOVED Soaring... is it anything like that just.... on the ground!

haha i dont know.
Thanks in advance

andrewuk

It's a really unique one, the only similar rides with trackless vehicles are Pooh's Hunny Hunt at TDL and Mystic Manor at HKDL. Closest thing to it at DLP is Star Tours.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

me23xx

ive not rode that i have no idea what its like.
I just wonder if i can cope with this ride.
hmnnnnn i shall keep researching. thanks fo your answer

caspdex

Absolutely nothing like Star Tours, more like a technically advanced version of the Snow White ride.

Mileto

Still - also think that has something familiar with Star Tours.
That strange feeling wearing the glasses and making curves with the car. Of course the two attractions are totally different, but we try to describe it somehow.

Think this feeling is little bit milder than ot Star Tours.

Try it! It's an advise from a person, who almost died after Space Mountain Mission 2 in 2010 (and when I was young 17 years old I had absolutely no problems with Space Mountain in Tokyo; don't know what changed in my head)

And if you feel bad you can always put your glasses off and the problem dissapears.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

grovesie

Did you try Toy Story Mania in WDW. It's similar to that but not shooting. A ride that's on the ground, there are some slight inclines and declines, showing a 3D film. The pods hold 6 people in 2 rows of 3. The pods are not on rails and the ride super smooth.  Give it a try, I am sure you will go back for further rides.

DisneyRon

Quote from: Mileto on June 09, 2015, 07:52:50 AM
Still - also think that has something familiar with Star Tours.
That strange feeling wearing the glasses and making curves with the car. Of course the two attractions are totally different, but we try to describe it somehow.

Think this feeling is little bit milder than ot Star Tours.

Try it! It's an advise from a person, who almost died after Space Mountain Mission 2 in 2010 (and when I was young 17 years old I had absolutely no problems with Space Mountain in Tokyo; don't know what changed in my head)

And if you feel bad you can always put your glasses off and the problem dissapears.

Well it's worth mentioning that Space Mountain Mission 2 is basically 50% faster than the Space Mountains at any of the other parks. ;) It's also the only one with inversions (loops and such). So it's a LOT more intense than the others. :) Keep that in mind.

As for Ratatouille, it's a lovely ride, nothing too wild, with lots of sections projected on big 3D screens and moving between them with the Omnimover thingies. :D

If I have to compare it to one ride, I'd say it's probably closer to DINOSAUR than Midway Mania, though it has less bumps and drops/hills. The vehicles felt pretty similar to me. :)
So it's probably a more sophisticated version of those.

Mileto

DisneyRon, good reminder! Thank you for telling this about the speed. I didn't know. And between 1993 and 2010 there are many years, could compare it at all. I wish I could do this ride so much, but no way, it was a very bad experience, not going to risk again.

Out of topis an maybe for a PM - what about Indiana Jones? Is it the same like the Mission?

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

DisneyRon

Quote from: Mileto on June 09, 2015, 09:12:00 AM
DisneyRon, good reminder! Thank you for telling this about the speed. I didn't know. And between 1993 and 2010 there are many years, could compare it at all. I wish I could do this ride so much, but no way, it was a very bad experience, not going to risk again.

Out of topis an maybe for a PM - what about Indiana Jones? Is it the same like the Mission?

I didn't know that either until afer I visited WDW and read something about the ride there (ie. that its considered fairly mild). Then I looked them all up, and saw that the DLP one is by far the fastest. :)
Most Space Mountain rides top out at 48 kilometers an hour (~30 miles per hour).
Space Mountain Paris tops out at 71 kilometers an hour (~44 miles per hour), and has 3 inversions (loops, corkscrews etc). The other space mountains have none. ;) So there's quite a difference. :P

As for Indiana Jones, that tops out at 47 kilometers an hour (~30 miles per hour), and has 1 loop.

Lavi

I think it is slower than POTC and I think it's a pity not to try it.
Me and my (almost) 3 years old daughter rode it 6 times in four days and we loved it.

samuelvictor

As long as you don't get motion sickness / scared by 3D effects, there is NO reason at all why you won't enjoy Ratatouille, its far less fast than Casey Junior, and smoother than Pirates. In my mind it is similar to Phantom Manor but with 3D effects. With the rides that you listed as having been on and enjoyed, you'll definitely be fine with it and I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

(I'd also nudge you to check out Star Tours, its great and the pre-ride experience is awesome. Its only a simulator so isn't anywhere near as severe as a rollercoaster, and if you can cope with Casey Junior & the drops in Pirates I'm sure you'd be fine with the range/speed of motion  8) )

gavinng

Ratatouille is like Mystic Manor in HKDL or Toy Story Mania in various parks. There's 3D effects, but not throughout the ride. It's essentially a toned down version of the transformers or spiderman rides in Universal parks.

HildeKitten

Have you done a search for the ride on youtube? Some friends of mine looked at it on there, so maybe that's a good solution for you?