Best buffet

Started by plzsm, June 06, 2015, 09:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plzsm

Hi
We have booked most of our meals for our July trip except one where we decided to try one of the buffets
We are on the plus deal
Any ideas which is the best for adults and kids (not fussy eaters)
Many thanks
Ed

DisneyRon

Personally, I really like Inventions, but it is a rather expensive place to eat with a family.
The characters are a great addition though. :)

I've been to "Plaza Gardens" once, and same for "Restaurant des Stars" , both in 2012, so it's been a while.
I liked the selection at both, but I was there during a very quiet period, which no doubt makes a big difference in how the restaurants feel.

The most interesting in terms of offerings may well be the Agrabah Café, but I've never visited it as it's been closed every time I've been to DLP. :D

AlmostThere...

Hi plaza gardens was very nice, great selection of food with lots of child friendly options, nice atmosphere and setting too
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

plzsm

Plaza gardens seems to have v bad reviews on tripadvisor which worries me
Wondered about one of the hotels, like New York ? Anyone tried that out?

Oh, and of course, t hanks for the comments

polar vixen

Personally I've found that people tend to go to trip advisor only when they have a bad experience to share,  the buffeet in hotel new York aurally seemed to have even worse reviews. We've always found plaza gardens lovely,  six visits now to Disney and we always eat there at least twice,  plenty of lovely choice and well stocked,  but avoid booking an hour before it closes as they tend to stop refilling from then onwards,  but definitely in the parks,  it's got a great range and the ambience is lovely

Lisaa

I can really recommend Hunters Grill (Seqoia Lodge)! Great variety and I absolutely loved everything I tried, especially the desserts...

Mileto

One more vote for Plaza Garden. We do it always with a reservation. It's a super place to relax and eat before Dreams.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

DLRP Roundup!

Plaza Gardens or La Grange in the village :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Disney Matt

Only done one buffet & that was Plaza Gardens...I thoroughly enjoyed it, although I know some people on here aren't so keen lol
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

HildeKitten

I also quite like the evening buffet at La Cantina in Santa Fé. Its not that special, just chips, vegetables, some fish, some meat, but it's varied enough all in all and not that expensive (admittedly the last time I did it was in 2010 so I'm not aware of current prices, but I did it loads and always liked it).

In the park I've only ever eaten in Agrabah, which is nice, BUT as it's oriental themed a lot of food has all kinds of herbs on it (it's not necessarily spicy in flavour, but the flavoring is different from "normal" food so to speak) so that's something to be taken into account. If you like that sort of thing, Agrabah is a good choice, but I'm not sure whether it's open or not this summer? I think they are refurbing it?
Someone else will know :)

I heard from a friend that Plaza Gardens is good, but that things like some of the salads can be left out a little too long so you have to be careful with what you pick to eat XD

Next trip I'll likely eat at Hakuna Matata one lunch, the buffet at the Cheyenne the evening we're staying and at Cowboy Cookout BBQ for the other lunch. Provided Hakuna Matata and Cowboy Cookout are open of course.

vampira

Personally, I'm a big fan of the Agrabah Cafe! I love the food, it's different from the usual buffet food. Like HildeKitten said, if you like food with lots of spices/herbs and flavor, you could give it a try,
I've been to Plaza Gardens twice. The first time we had to wait very long for a table, even tough we had a reservation. The food wasn't special and I didn't really like it. On our next visit, I decided to give it another try because I had read on this forum a lot of people like it and it was a lot better this time. The food was still hot, we got a table quickly and the food tasted good as well.
The other buffet we have tried is La grange in the village. I didn't expect too much from the restaurant and food, but I was wrong! The food was very good. Enough choice, great flavors and everything was nice and warm. The restaurant looked nice too, but I'm not sure if there will be some noise if there's a band playing in the bar downstairs.  ;)
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

stifle

I'd like to go to the Agrabah Café but it seems to be closed most of the time.

Mileto

Yes, in two years we never found it open. Don't know why.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

gavinng

Plaza Gardens or Cafe des Stars are both good. Plaza Garden is much larger in size I think, but the food selections are both about the same. There's enough variety for everyone.

vampira

Quote from: stifle on June 09, 2015, 01:49:42 PM
I'd like to go to the Agrabah Café but it seems to be closed most of the time.

Hmm, we've eaten at Agrabah Cafe on our last 3 visits... We must be lucky!  ;)
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"