PRE-TRIP REPORT - 8-12 June, Hotel Cheyenne

Started by ilovedisneylandparis, May 09, 2015, 06:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovedisneylandparis

Hi everyone!

I was just sitting daydreaming about my DLP trip and thinking "I wish I could write my pre-trip report" and then I realised IT IS NOW LESS THAN A MONTH TO GO which made me incredibly excited and then in turn made me decide to just write my pre-trip report now, as it feels like this year's trip is coming around very fast :') Plus I think I wrote last year's pre-trip in March or April, haha, so this is an improvement and slightly less premature.

I will do a little summary like I did last year:

WHO: Me (Sophie) and my boyfriend, Russ. We have been together for five years now and this is also our fifth trip to DLP together, which I am very chuffed about. We have also just moved in together, so this will be a different kind of trip for us, as it's the first one where we're leaving and coming home to the same place as each other :-*

WHEN: We're leaving on Monday 8th June (probably about 5am, as our flight is at 6.30am) and we'll get back on the Friday night, which is the 12th. We usually go for Monday to Thursday, but for some reason this year it was cheaper to book for five days instead of four (like £200 or something cheaper?!), so we opted for Monday to Friday.

WHERE: We are staying at the Cheyenne again - we are always tempted by the NBC but wanted to try it when the refurbs were finished, and decided the HNY was a little too pricey for us this year. We always feel like the Sequoia is perfect for winter but would feel weird in June, so the Cheyenne is normally our hotel of choice. Plus, we love the theme SO much - I always feel like we are sort of still in Frontierland when we are at the Cheyenne!

At the moment it kind of doesn't feel real that we're going - because of moving house and starting a new job, most of my time's been taken up with that and I've had far less time to Disney plan and do all of my normal pre-Disney activities, so it really does feel surreal to think that we'll actually be in DLP in a month's time. But at the same time I can't wait - I have missed DLP so much this year and I am so excited to be back on Phantom Manor, heading up the lift on POTC with the ride water splashing on me, spinning on the teacups, eating burgers all week and not feeling bad about it...EEK!

I am really looking forward to sharing my report with you guys when the post-Disney depression wears off a little after my trip :') <3

bank on a sunny day by sophie, on Flickr

justlikewedreamedit-xo

EEEEK I had been wondering when you would do this :') I can't believe that this will be your fifth trip together, I was trying to work it out in my head earlier and I thought it would be your fourth, my bad  :-[ I can't wait to hear all about it, I just know that you will both have the BEST time :') xx

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: justlikewedreamedit-xo on May 09, 2015, 06:40:43 PM
EEEEK I had been wondering when you would do this :') I can't believe that this will be your fifth trip together, I was trying to work it out in my head earlier and I thought it would be your fourth, my bad  :-[ I can't wait to hear all about it, I just know that you will both have the BEST time :') xx

AW, thanks pal! I know, I can't believe we've had so many trips?! I had to work it out earlier too haha, it sounds odd to me saying we have had five visits together and have also been together five years cos it sounds like we went on holiday as soon as we met or something but I worked out we started going out in 2010, our first trip was in 2011 and so this must be the fifth! How weird :') So excited to tell you all about it when we're back <3

babe ruth