Christmas season 2015-who joins, hotel, programm, closures, planning etc.

Started by Mileto, May 25, 2015, 12:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stifle

abismummy

Havent booked yet as im so indecisive lol but just wondering if the cold would spoil the enjoyment there at Christmas? Has anyone been then and have you any tips how to keep warm? Im thinking regular trips back to the hotel and maybe thermals, wellies etc. Just hoping that the rain holds off as even in August we was a little miserable when soggy.

carrydee44

its a lovely cold ....more reason to have a hot chocolate... just were layers and thermals and you will be fine saying that we were there in early jan and it was mild and wet so you can not predict the weather.  I am hoping that it will be not to cold as that way no delays in getting there
Hotel Ny 1998
Newport bay Jan 2006
Santa fe    oct 2006
Disneyland hotel jan 2008
Newport Bay oct 2008
Cheyenne Jan 2009
Cheyenne Sept 2009
Newport Bay November 2010
New York Oct 2011
Cheyenne November 2012
New York Oct 2013
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Jan 2015
Kyriad October 2015
Hi Park Serris December 2015
Sejours Et Affaires Rive Gauche Dec 2016

sarahh83

First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

abismummy

I booked Inventions for Christmas Day at 6pm today and they said it was 57 Euros for adults and 31 for children. Not sure which figure is right now.

sarahh83

Quote from: abismummy on November 06, 2015, 09:40:51 PM
I booked Inventions for Christmas Day at 6pm today and they said it was 57 Euros for adults and 31 for children. Not sure which figure is right now.

You are right I've just rang and checked
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

abismummy

Ohh that's good then! Still not sure what to do Christmas Eve. Considering Sequoia for dinner but unsure as cant find any reviews about it. Or maybe we could just eat at lunchtime. So many decisions.

sarahh83

I don't know if I can eat for excitement ha ha

Still feels surreal that I'll be there for actual Christmas day

emmajh

We have booked the merry Xmas lunch at 12 on Xmas day. Just wondering shall we book somewhere for Xmas day evening? Not sure where to book though. We want somewhere in Disney park but not somewhere too fancy, but equally we want a sit down place so we can rest our legs. Two kids age 11 and 6. Any good ideas? Probably planning on sitting down around 6.30-7?

abismummy

Hi if there anywhere we could eat Christmas eve lunch where Santa will be. Or do I have to bite the bullet and book the dinner? Has anyone eaten at sequoia xmas eve night?

Barnsleybigbird

Quote from: Mileto on October 30, 2015, 09:25:41 AM
Yeah! It's absolutely normal, Barnsleybigbird!

When do you go to BBWWS? We are there on the 29.11, Sunday, 18.30.

Can you tell what winter clothes are you preparing? This will be my main issue in the remaining 29 days.

I don't feel the cold much and hate big coats, so I've bought a fluffy fleece to wear over a tshirt and walking boots for my feet. Obviously with mittens to keep my digits warm.  I'm just hoping it stays dry, not that rain would ruin my trip.

We go to BBWWS on Monday 30th, as we thought it would be nice for our first day. 

I'm almost too excited now. All of the photos I keep seeing on Facebook make me giddy lol
Who wants a twig when you can climb the whole tree 😉

emmajh

We have got an all in one for our six year old to wear. My other child has some base layers to wear and we are just doing hats and gloves etc, we've been in Feb before and it was bitterly cold and very icy and we didn't take anything more special than hats and gloves for that.

Mileto

I still have to buy a new coat for the daughter, she grew up a lot this year.

It was mad yesterday on FB - all the pages I'm following were posting photos and videos from the first Christmas day. And from 14.11. the program  will be sooo busy!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

abismummy

Just ordered waterproof coats and trousers, thermal underwear and beanies! Im going to embrace the cold instead of worry lol. A very different type of planning from the Summer - loving it!

carrydee44

Quote from: abismummy on November 06, 2015, 09:40:51 PM

That's what we were quoted for Christmas evening buffet...as was not paying the expensive one at lunch time
Hotel Ny 1998
Newport bay Jan 2006
Santa fe    oct 2006
Disneyland hotel jan 2008
Newport Bay oct 2008
Cheyenne Jan 2009
Cheyenne Sept 2009
Newport Bay November 2010
New York Oct 2011
Cheyenne November 2012
New York Oct 2013
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Jan 2015