What do you look forward to the most about trips to DLP

Started by grovesie, May 14, 2015, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grovesie

I am interested to find out what people look forward to the most when they visit DLP. I know that people , like me, will have several things that they will be excited about . But what is the one thing that you look forward to the most.

Mine is that I can be a child again along with my children.

twentythingamabobs

Mine is that it is the one place where my foster brother can behave the age his mind feels, not the age his body is and does not get any judgement or horrible stares. He can play and sing and dance to his heart's content wherever and whenever he feels like it. Does my heart so much good.

Lisaa

Aaah this is a hard one! But I think it's the magical feeling I get when walking down main street and seeing the castle again.

Mrsya

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on May 14, 2015, 02:37:30 PM
Mine is that it is the one place where my foster brother can behave the age his mind feels, not the age his body is and does not get any judgement or horrible stares. He can play and sing and dance to his heart's content wherever and whenever he feels like it. Does my heart so much good.

Lovely answer! And, a lovely thread Grovesie!

Mine is our family all being together and being able to just enjoy the magic, morning, day and night non-stop until we get in the car to come home! I love that everyone and every family around is also experiencing the same magical feeling. Even my husband is skipping down the travellator by day two - and that's saying something!!

littlebitofpixiedust

So many things, but the thing I love most is seeing my little mans reactions to it all. Its truly the only place in the world that him being in a wheelchair (still in nappies hes 6) doesn't matter. Everywhere else its a struggle, Disney make it accessible for all. I don't have to worry about where I can change him ect.
Tonight we watched art of animation on YouTube and I cried at my sons reaction  :) happy tears! Knowing in a week we'll be there and knowing hes captured the Disney magic and believes. Priceless.
Great post btw hard to choose one thing!

NCC1701Q

It has been said above, but for me it's a combination of two things:
- the reaction of our two children when we walk onto Town Square for the first time each visit (they are always happy, excited to be back and can't wait to get on the first ride) and
- the fact that were are there as a family of 4 - no work, no (snail)mail, no mother-in-law  :P, no need to be somewhere at a certain time - just the four of us enjoying ourselves!

Barnsleybigbird

I look forward to feeling like a child again, gazing in wonder at all the sights of the parks.  I get totally swept up in the magic and love love love meeting all the characters, while being surrounded by people that feel exactly the same.
Who wants a twig when you can climb the whole tree 😉

Spacepilot

When I visit I'm looking forward to just take all the magic in, the wonderment, get immersed by the unique Disney atmosphere and enjoying ourselves. It also brings back a lot of childhood memories since I first visited in 1992. You don't have to worry about anything, and you can be yourself and don't have to act a certain "adult" way. I enjoy just strolling around the park, of course also go onto all the great rides. One of the best things that ever happend to me when visiting: I was so into the magic and living in the moment that I genuinely forgot what date/day of the week it was, which felt wonderful!

The dreams show is also a new highlight for me which perfectly captures all the magic that is Disneyland and fits it all into 20 minutes :)

disneymagic006

Brilliant question! I think it's really hard to explain to people who have never been, but you guys will know what I'm talking about:

It's that feeling you get as you arrive and see everything again. It's the memories that come flooding back and the feelings of happiness and love all in one. The disney 'magic'.

This year I took my son for the first time and got to watch his face as he looked around in wonder and exexcitement. I think he felt that magic too.

I hope to keep visiting as the more memories we build as a family there just seem to make that feeling even more iintense, more magical, each time we go back.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

seraphelle

Oh my gosh, so many!

Acting like a child again without judgement (I am consistently looked at as though I'm 'immature' in the real world)

The smell of the Disneyland Hotel and sitting listening to the piano player outside Inventions whilst having a Glowtini

The first glimpse of the castle as you walk into the square

Walking to the parks from any hotel in a morning and seeing how many kids are there bursting with excitement

The looks on my kids faces when they see one of their favourite characters

The 'Magic Everywhere' song, makes me well up every time I hear it (which is often as its my ring tone LOL)
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Mrsya

Thought of a more specific one...

Seeing '5 mins' on the waiting times boards!!  :P

DisneyRon

The huge rush of emotions as you walk up Main Street for the first time after a long time of absence. :)

(To be fair, that even worked in the Magic Kingdom at WDW, and I had never been there before, must be that particular look towards a fairytale castle)

Being able to just talk Disney all day.

Meeting characters and not being judged for it. :D

DisneyGagaChick

I can be a child again (even though I'm 20  ::) ), just be happy and relive my childhood memories.

DisneyGagaChick

samuelvictor

I'm glad to read that other people have similar emotional responses to me in arriving back and just enjoying "being there" - getting off the train and seeing the entrances, walking down mainstreet for the first time, soaking in the atmosphere, and seeing my family, friends, and just all the strangers around me feeling similarly happy and excited is a great feeling. Its such a happy place to be, and I get totally swept up in it all - and as a 33 year old man its hard to explain to some of my friends, but when I'm there I don't care what anybody thinks, I just enjoy everything about it!

On a silly note, I always look forward to when we first get to our hotel is watching Sophie telling me the "10 things to know before you go" - even though I know it by heart. She is annoying, and weirdly mispronounces lots of Disney character's names, but it's all in a strangely endearing way, and the naffness is part of the experience!

For a more clinical, less emotional response to what I look forward to, my highlights are probably Pirates, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, Animagique, Cinemagique and the Art of Animation final room.

One last funny thing that I look forward to is the feeling of coming back to your hotel room, completely exhausted but happy, taking off your shoes and resting your feet whilst sitting on the bed snacking on something and watching some silly Disney kids show in french on TV whilst the kids fall asleep. I always sleep REALLY well in Disney, and wake up excited the next day!