Some help and advice please

Started by Sambelle, March 22, 2015, 04:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sambelle

Hi, I have booked a trip with the family, taking my LO over for his 3rd birthday.
I have a few questions hopefully one of you can help...
1) Back in 2011 we dined at Cafe Mickey without a reservation and ordered from a normal menu (not a set one) is this option still available or should I book a table beforehand? And if we book a table beforehand would we still be able to order of the normal menu?
2) My LO is very into Disney Junior, im just wondering what there is with these characters?
I read somewhere on the DLP Guide site that there was a show but can't seem to find this information now.
3) I'm taking my LO buggy and was wondering if there was somewhere I may leave it safely whilst we go on any rides?

Would appreciate any help, thanks in advance  :-*

DLPWonders (Banned)

1. There's no normal menu at Café Mickey, it's a set menu only.
You don't have to book a table beforehand necessarily, but it is recommendable.

2. There's a show at the Walt Disney Studios Park called "Disney Junior - Live on Stage".
During the pre-show you can dance with Sofia the First and Jake the Neverland Pirate.
Please note that this is not a meet 'n greet, it's a so called meet 'n play, the children can only dance with them.

3. Everyone always leaves their stroller around the exit/entrance of rides, you'll see many of them everywhere.
Usually it's safe to store them there, but just as every other theme park there's no garantuee.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Sambelle

Thanks for such a quick reply!
Back in 2011 there was a normal menu, by this i mean they gave me a menu and i ordered what i wanted, i remember just eating a pizza and dessert as i wasnt hungry for the set 3 course meals they had. This is what I was eondering if still available as my LO does not eat a full 3course meal..
Are there always characters there or is it a certain time I should book for?

Thanks again

glenn

Yes you can order just a main coarse,I often just order a couple of starters if I don,t fancy anything on the main
Course.

Sambelle

Great thanks!

The characters are there throughout the whole dinner or should I book for a specific time?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: glenn on March 22, 2015, 04:36:17 PM
Yes you can order just a main coarse,I often just order a couple of starters if I don,t fancy anything on the main
Course.

You still have to pay for a full menu though, considering it's a set menu only ;)
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

dejmurph1

Hi DLRP Wonders

Are you sure on this? Last time we were there we went a la carte and only paid for what we ate.

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/cafe-mickey/

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: dejmurph1 on March 22, 2015, 06:02:07 PM
Hi DLRP Wonders

Are you sure on this? Last time we were there we went a la carte and only paid for what we ate.

Yes I'm sure.
The menu on DLPGuide hasn't been updated for nearly a year, and they changed it to a set menu not too long ago.
You can't order of a regular menu anymore. As I said two times before, it's a set menu only.

girlinleeds

it definatley is a set menu, you either chose two or three courses (you have to pick which when you sit down) we went in February and were disappointed to find it had changed to this, food was still yummy though

ewormas

Hi,
We just got back. We had breakfast at cafe mickey and it was completely sold out, and people were being turned away on the evenings most of the evenings we were near so I'd definitely book ahead. Also the characters that we sawwere Mickey,Tigger,Chip and Dale, Goofy , Eeyore and Pluto. It looked like it was the same characters on the evenings too.

At the playhouse Disney there was only Jake at the preshow, but is still very enjoyable. There was also a stall nearby towards selling some playhouse disney merch but not much on the same side as the show but towards aerosmith.

As for your buggy I'd just take a bike lock with you and attach it to a fence or railing.

Hope you have a great holiday!

LotsoHugginBear

I would recommend to make a reservation for Cafe Mickey!
Since some month you have to take a set menu which contains 3 courses. Of course you do not have to eat all this stuff but unfortunately you have to pay for the whole menu.

dejmurph1

Quote from: DLRPWonders on March 22, 2015, 06:03:41 PM
Quote from: dejmurph1 on March 22, 2015, 06:02:07 PM
Hi DLRP Wonders

Yes I'm sure.
The menu on DLPGuide hasn't been updated for nearly a year, and they changed it to a set menu not too long ago.
You can't order of a regular menu anymore. As I said two times before, it's a set menu only.

Pity. I really enjoyed the food there but would much rather pick what I wanted to eat. We ate at Chez Remy in December and dont think I would go back soley for this reason. I didnt mean to doubt you I was just giving my last experience there. I did notice you said that "two times before" but peple can be wrong sometimes and I am one of them.

Sambelle

Thanks guys.

Anyone know if I can book online? Or when I get to Cafe Mickey i can just book there and then?

Aurora1

If you go in low season, it is fine to book, when you`re there. We usually go in fall. And we always booked at our hotel with the concierge. In summer, I`ll probably would do it from home.
Have a great trip!

littlebitofpixiedust

Make sure when leaving pushchair outside attractions you remove personal belongings, my friend some years ago thought shed "hide" souvenir bags and stuff enderneath in the basket and we came of cinemagique to find all bags gone.
She was ever so upset, some people use a bike lock. But I think it's highly doubtful they would take a pushchair but bags they most certainly may do. Enjoy your trip!

We always Pre-book our meals make alive easier  :)