How much spending money should I take?

Started by CindersFaye, March 15, 2015, 12:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CindersFaye

Okay, I am going to Disneyland with my boyfriend in late September for the first time and I am completely stuck on how much money I should take. We are only going for 4 days but we arrive late on the first day and leave mid-day on the last. We are saving money separately and I was thinking about £100 a day at a minimum, any other suggestions with reasons why would be appreciated? :)
Disney Trip - 27th - 30th September - Sequoia Lodge

moonloo

I had a similar post, you could search for... in summary I said I was taking 1700 for a family of 4 for 7 days (2400 euros), all of the replies I had suggested this was by far more than I would need!

stecal

i took 700 euros for 4 of us for 6 days and already had the meal plan plus 2 other meals paid for and that was just about the right amount i did buy quite a few things to bring home though and that also included 2 quite expensive meals at inventions and rainforest cafe,so if you mean £100 each i would say it is more than enough

stifle

Do you have a meal plan? If not, do you plan on eating at sit-down table service restaurants much?

CindersFaye

We have our breakfast included but that is it, I, personally, would like to experience some of the sit down restaurants but it isn't really important,

CindersFaye

stormflm595

it depends on different factors...are you planning on eating at the more expensive restaurants? are you buying gifts? are you going to try and buy lots of merch? that kind of stuff. if you go onto google and search for DLRP menus it will give you a good idea of the prices of every restaurant in both parks and the village. that would be a good starting point in deciding how much to take with you =) but tbh, £100 per day would probably be more than enough when converted into euros. if i were you, i'd work out how much you want to take within the next few days and buy your euros now whilst the rate is so high. it'll no doubt crash soon enough!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort