Hotel meal plans - possible to upgrade?

Started by Goldie, March 30, 2015, 10:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldie

First time in DLP. Got free full board - hotel meal plan. Is it possible to upgrade this?
Do anyone know the value of the lunch vouchers, and can I use them as supplement payment in other park restaurants? Can I use the dinner voucher in other disney village buffet restaurants, or are we locked to our hotel?

Thank you all for replies, have read all FAQ and searched for this information, but havent found it :)

Looking forward to golden forrest room in Sequoia lodge :D

stifle

Most free meal plans are not the hotel plan, they are Plus if staying in the Sequoia Lodge.

Disney is always happy to take your money so phone up if you want to upgrade and they'll quote you a price.

If you really do have the hotel plan, the lunch voucher is worth €13 adult and €7 child and can be used for that value if you like. The dinner voucher's only valid at the Hunter's Grill – and there's only one buffet in the village anyway, the Grange at Billy Bob's.

Goldie

Called today. It was the hotel package, was told that there were no possibilities to upgrade to the plus or premium package. So they did not want my money this time :o looks like we are stuck with the included package. It was a good deal, but the information on the pages does not inform you of the content in the All meals plan before you have actually booked. Would like to have sorted most of the expenses before we go, but we just have to go for some pay as you go, during daytime.

Queen Elsa

What about adding half board plus to your package? That way you could still eat within the park too. If it was a free package you haven't really lost out on anything x

Goldie

I wrote to customer services and presented the lack of information during the booking process. They agreed in this and we got the Plus plan full board. So it helps to not give up, and stay calm😀 very friendly customer service on the phone when fixing the details in the booking.  👍 for DLP customer service staff!

Looking forward to Sequoia Golden forrest and plus package in July☀️