which Hotel?

Started by whitsend1, March 05, 2015, 07:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitsend1

Hey...we've only stayed at the Sequoia Lodge hotel and loved it but wondered if to return there or try another hotel? ::) possibly thinking Newport Bay? Or Cheyenne? Where do people prefer please? Looking for views? TIA  ;D x

TappyFish

My personal opinions are:

Hotel Cheyenne is my favourite hotel. I love the western theme that the hotel has and have fond memories of visiting the hotel as a child. The breakfast here, although the same menu as the other hotels, is amazing. A drawback for some people is that the hotel doesn't have a swimming pool and all the rooms have bunk beds. The scenery of the site however makes up for that. I also love the boot-lamp that the rooms have.

My second favorite hotel is the Disney Hotel. More costly but worth it. The pure Disney theme is grand here and the extravagant design of the interior makes for a great vacation. The shop is great and Inventions, the restaurant there, has simply stunning views. The rooms themselves are very nice.

Finally, I would choose Sequoia as my third favourite hotel. As you have stated, you have already stayed here so I don't need to vouch for it ;)

Crush_Love

I like both Sequoia and New Port.. When have you been last? Did you already get a renovated Bambi themed room at the Seqouia? If not it would be a reason for u to stay there, if so, NPBC got new rooms as well!
For me personally Cheyenne is cheaper but also the rooms r very small  :( And its a long way to walk .. (i never take the bus...)
If I could just choose, I would stay at the NPBC with lake view!! *dreaming*
DLRP, là où les rêves deviennent réalité

vals

we love cheyenne. The bunk beds are a decent size -my youngest is 19 now and she slept on it fine.
Its also so close and seems to have a much more frequent bus than some of the other hotels,especially santa fe.
Only negative for cheyenne is that a lot of school groups stay there which can make breakfast a bit manic.

daddyof2

Try something different - you won't get everyone agree which is the best

whitsend1

Thanks for the views  :D much appreciated. We only went in Feb but want to possibly go again same time next year. Think we will try a different hotel but just need to decide which one  ::)

buzzkaye

we stayed at cheyenne this feb rooms were ok ,but breakfast was manic. lots of school groups.
we asked for vouchers to eat breakfast in plaza gardens ,which was same food as cheyenne ,but a lot less manic.

HildeKitten

I have stayed at Santa Fe, Cheyenne and Sequoia Lodge (several times at each over the years).
Personally I prefer the Sequoia because it's closer to the parks, which is practical, I like the entire atmosphere a lot BUT room wise it's not that different to those of the Cheyenne and Santa Fe. So unless you really love a pool (which isn't even open all the time so you may pay more and then find yourself without pool access).
So unless you don't mind paying more for proximity and atomosphere, I think you might as well save money and go for Santa Fe or Cheyenne instead.