advice for easter hols

Started by annesafc, February 19, 2015, 10:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annesafc

hi all

i am addicted to this forum..love reading all the great advice. we are going on our first family DLP trip, me my husband and our 2 daughters age 7 and 4. we are staying in the SL montana room, and have half board plus meal vouchers. we go sunday 12th april for 4 nights, this is the second week of the easter hols. i have already made table reservations for our trip including cafe mickey and auberge de cendrillon(i am cashing meal vouchers in for this!!). i am a little nervous about this as his english wasnt great and he just took name and phone number. do you think if I email hotel they will confirm table reservations?? or has anyone had any issues with meal reservations?also anyone have any previous experience of the easter hols and how busy it will be??

very excited for our trip. :) :) :)

stormflm595

I'm not sure about emailing but I'm sure that if you call the same number and give your booking confirmation number, you should then be able to ask if your tables have been reserved correctly. to be honest, if he was working the UK line then he should have a good grasp of the English language and should have gotten all of your details correct :) best to check though! :)

I haven't been during the easter but as its uk term time and one of France's zones term time (there may be others) expect the park to be busy. Use fast passes as much as possible and make the most of extra magic hours! have a great time!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

annesafc

Thanks.we are expecting it to be very busy...he didnt take a booking number..thats why im a little concerned.fingers crossed it will be ok.

stormflm595

did he take your name, date, time and place you want to eat? that will be sufficient enough when you go to your reservation :) last year at our cafe mickey reservation, we noticed a few people having trouble with the CM finding their booking but I don't think they're too fussy, it's more so that they have an idea of table numbers and how many tables to keep free for walk ins. the family were fine and got in anyway so you'll be okay :)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

annesafc

Yeah i went through places and times.he just took my mobile and surname.but the line was very poor.i just assumed they would take my booking ref so when we arrived they would confirm everything.

jayney69

Oddly enough, I was wondering the same thing.  I've also made booking for the Easter holidays at various restaurants, and the line was really bad, I had a real problem hearing them, and was thinking about phoning to check. 
Is it possible to check on arrival at the hotel?  Would they have different restaurant reservations?

annesafc

I was just thinking about emailing our hotel to see if they could confirm my reservations exist. Im not that concerned with all reservations..but my daughters are so excited for the characters and we have reserved tables at cafe mickey and auberge de cendrillon. I would be very disappointed if we were turned away...which i have seen on other posts.

stormflm595

the hotel itself wouldn't have the info but I'm sure if you ask they will happily find out for you at check in and if there were any problems, they can be rectified then and there. I too had a dodgy line when I booked inventions so were all in the same boat, I go 23rd march, if I remember I'll let you know if it was okay, or if not just message me and I'll let you know that way!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

HFJohnson

Your meal reservations aren't connected to your hotel booking so you won't get confirmation when you check in. However, if you go to the concierge in the hotel or at City Hall in the Disneyland Park they will be able to print off confirmations of all of your bookings. I have heard of people occasionally having their bookings go missing so it's worth doing this just in case.

annesafc